Home

Can I choose X factor abilities in CFM?

This is a discussion on Can I choose X factor abilities in CFM? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2019, 05:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Can I choose X factor abilities in CFM?

Can you pick and choose which abilities your players get in CFM? If you play as a coach or owner? I’ve been looking forward to doing a Cardinals CFM with Kyler Murray. But I’ve realized that the QB scrambling is god awful UNLESS your QB has the ability that gives them a speed boost behind the line of scrimmage. The ability is a super star ability called “Escape Artist”

Before I unlocked this ability with my Scrambler QB in QB1 I was getting chased down by DT’s with ease. But after I got it I could consistently shoot off like a rocket for 20 yards like it was nothing. It’s really pretty freaking lame that there’s no middle ground whatsoever.

So can I progress Murray in CFM so that he gets this ability? Or is it random? Or what? Can I get around this by editing Murray prior to starting my CFM and just give him that ability? Or is that not possible? Thanks for any help.

Last edited by shockl3y; 08-13-2019 at 05:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2019, 06:29 PM   #2
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can I choose X factor abilities in CFM?

Xfactor is linked to archetype and you can change that if you reroll a player. Abilities are linked to archetype and attributes and these can change too, but you have to edit players if you want specific ones to appear.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...d.php?t=956073

Sent from my H3113 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-14-2019, 09:55 AM   #3
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

Unfortunately fastbreak ability unlocks at 90 and escape artists unlocks at 95 overall. I get it’s and amazing ability but great runners are great runner and shouldn’t have to wait until you hit 95 overall to get the best run abilities. In fact Cam Newton and Lamar Jackson and Deshawn Watson all have this abilities without being a 95 overall. But if you edit and reroll these guys you’ll never get them back until 95 overall again . Don’t make sense at all? I could even see it’s was your second ability cool then but not the last one .
Old 08-14-2019, 12:16 PM   #4
Rookie

Yup, i mentioned this yesterday, the rerolling of abilities stays consistent and not in a good way. For now, there is no way to get any of the actual helpful scrambling abilities on a reroll until 90-95. I really dont know how the devs never realized the system in place would never allow the #1 pick to get helpful abilities to his style.

I also think its funny how he isnt superstar dev which would let the devs put the actual abilities he should have but players like ed oliver and devin white are superstar... The #1 pick not only doesnt get the trait but now he cant get abilities to make him fun to play with. WTF
Old 08-14-2019, 01:15 PM   #5
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

We have to point this out because edit abilities is there it’s just a logic when they can be release. So I’m assuming they could do a easy patch. Well I hope this happen soo we can edit this later!

Last edited by Allball76; 08-14-2019 at 09:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2019, 04:11 PM   #6
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allball76
We have to point this out because edit abilities is there it’s just a logic when they can be release. So I’m assuming they could do a easy patch. Well I hope this happen soo we then later!
It would be so awesome if we could. We SHOULD be able to this. 2K at least let you assign Badges. I dont why they made it restrictive in that way. There is probably a reason, i just cant think of why. Madden has slowly been embracing giving us full control to edit the CFM the way we want, be we need WAY more control.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:41 PM   #7
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

If abilities is the big CFM feature this year give us more control over this . I don’t wanna wait for my scrambling qb to get escape artist or if someone just wants a different X factor.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:46 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
It would be so awesome if we could. We SHOULD be able to this. 2K at least let you assign Badges. I dont why they made it restrictive in that way. There is probably a reason, i just cant think of why. Madden has slowly been embracing giving us full control to edit the CFM the way we want, be we need WAY more control.
I don't play other modes so this may be off base but are these 'powers' for sale in the online modes?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »