Home

Why Next-Gen Madden Can't Make the Same Mistakes All Over Again

This is a discussion on Why Next-Gen Madden Can't Make the Same Mistakes All Over Again within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2020, 04:55 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Why Next-Gen Madden Can't Make the Same Mistakes All Over Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Well, they have the license for like the next 5ish years. So they can make the same mistakes.

Haha, I had the same thought! They can afford to do whatever they wish for another generation.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:02 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Stop buying these games if you are annoyed
Old 07-17-2020, 05:42 PM   #11
Banned

I have no Faith on Madden I lost the Love for the game Madden long time ago.. I don't buy or play the Game no more..
I tryed playing madden 20 but couldn't deal with the Arcade Game. So I returned the game.. I Moved On from Madden..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2020, 06:01 PM   #12
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

EA can and will do exactly what they’ve been doing. Gonna let the NFL shield sell the game for them.
Old 07-17-2020, 06:03 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
While I understand your rationale, I think the reality is if they did "rebuild" it's hard to encapsulate what that means in a sport game coming out every year. It's near impossible to do something like that in a year, and if it was bereft of features and gameplay elements because they wanted to go back to basics, there's just about zero chance folks end up cool with that.
If EA were to rebuild the game, one would hope it wasn't a decision they made that forced themselves to only have a year to work on it. In the hypothetical world where EA has decided to rebuild Madden for the next generation of consoles, this would have been a decision they made multiple years ago and there would have been a team working in the background to build the game from the ground up while another team focuses on the games that continued to release.

I wouldn't expect EA to decide to decide to rebuild the game up after releasing Madden 20 and then working towards releasing Madden 21 and it being completely built from the ground up. While that would not be surprising for EA to make such a silly and short-sighted decision, I think all of us in the "it's time for a rebuild" camp are saying EA should have laid out a plan to rebuild the game cycles ago and work in the background to do just that.

We know EA has the resources to have done that. Madden is a series where it is actually economically feasible for them to have split their teams up to rebuild the game from the ground up had they wanted to. 2k is rebuilding and I think it is safe to assume they've been working on this rebuild for multiple cycles in the background now. Even PES is rebuilding and while Konami has a good amount of resources, PES is not Madden which means it is even further behind Fifa, yet they've even found the ability to rebuild their game from the ground up.

Anyways, point is when saying Madden should have been rebuilt, it's saying this is something that should have happened over multiple cycles and be releasing this year with the new consoles. It's not us saying EA should have released Madden 20 then built an entirely brand new football game in 10 months and released it on the new consoles. Obviously that's not going to happen with a company notorious for their games receiving so little changes annually.

― Plato
Old 07-17-2020, 06:12 PM   #14
Rookie

If they had a competitor i would agree that they cant do the same but lol. They can do whatever they want as seen for the last 10 years or so. If they had competition madden would be on the shelf with nba live
Old 07-17-2020, 06:20 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I still don't like the idea of forcing Madden to run on the Frostbite engine. I do agree that this would have been the perfect time to do a rebuild while having a "season update" like PES. I get the overall experience with the Madden 06 transition is burnt into EA's mind. But, this is the best time.
I just don't want next-gen Madden to feel like a shinier port. I want the Next Level Madden to feel Next Level. I don't want the same ole Madden just at higher res/frame rates and hardware benefits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2020, 06:52 PM   #16
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

This is just my interpretation of course but it's interesting that so many people who have problems with Madden across the board seem to presuppose that they would definitely enjoy the rebuilt(one worked on for years and not rushed) Madden more and not less. I guess the game just being different in this case would be automatically make it better for many folks.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »