Home

Anticipation Attribute

This is a discussion on Anticipation Attribute within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2013, 08:50 PM   #25
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Anticipation Attribute

Here are the sliders I am using. They were from Krazomatik28 on 2kshare under Top Rated, "Sliders for true realixm operation sports".

I used them as a base set and tinkered to match my play style and ability. As a 34 year old I don't have tons of time to play. So I'm not as good as I'd like to be nor to I have time to play games that take an hour and half.

Here is what I adjusted to so far. I also noticed that every time in my testing that I clicked up Batting Power, I would also have to bump up the fielding speed to match the speed of the ball. WHich is why I left Batting power at 50 for now as it seems to create the most fluid animations. WIll keep testing though.

Difficulty (user / cpu)

Batting

Batting Contact 45 / 55
Batting Power 50 / 50
Bunt Contact 40 / 60
Bunt Success 45 / 60
Batter Eye Freq 0 / x

Pitching

Pitch meter speed 65 / x
Pitch Speed 100 / 90
Pitch Break Influence 45 / 45 (May raise this one as I like pitches that move!)
Pitcher Composure 55 / 50
Pitcher Control 30 / x
AI pitch success 50
AI Strike ZOne Tendency 50

FIelding

THrow Acc 50 /
Gather Error 50 / 50
THrowing error frequency 45 / 45
OF Throw speed 95 / 95
IF Throw Speed 80 / 80
OF Run Speed 5 / 5
IF Run Speed 0 / 0

Running

Base Runner Speed 70 / 70
Pickoff Success 40 / x
Catcher Arm Strength 65 / 65
Catcher Arm Accuracy 45 / 45
AI hit 'n run tendency 55
AI Sac Bunt Tendency 60
AI Squeeze Tendency 65
Ai Base Running Aggression 65
AI Steal Aggresson 60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #26
Banned

Rdrunner's Arena

OVR: 11

Gotta say, I am impressed with the smoothness.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:20 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Question: if there's no global editing on the free Reditor, these would ALL have to be done manually for EVERY player in this game, ONE AT A TIME... If so, how would that be done? I am posting files in Bretsky's thread, and it's a "working file" in that, even though I post a file, I already have edits done to it - so the time put into it would be wasted if someone were to work on a file that's been put up.

I just want to make sure if we do this, then we do it wisely - and I also fear some more testing would have to be done on sliders, and at this point I don't know if I want to do this.

I also want to see what 2K13 looks like - wished we had more information on it. I fear it will be a patch of 2K12, but then again, we just don't know. Thanks!
Old 02-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #28
Banned

Rdrunner's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Question: if there's no global editing on the free Reditor, these would ALL have to be done manually for EVERY player in this game, ONE AT A TIME... If so, how would that be done? I am posting files in Bretsky's thread, and it's a "working file" in that, even though I post a file, I already have edits done to it - so the time put into it would be wasted if someone were to work on a file that's been put up.

I just want to make sure if we do this, then we do it wisely - and I also fear some more testing would have to be done on sliders, and at this point I don't know if I want to do this.

I also want to see what 2K13 looks like - wished we had more information on it. I fear it will be a patch of 2K12, but then again, we just don't know. Thanks!
It's possible that they were working on a new contract with MLB all along and been working on 13 in the event they did sign a new contract, so it is possible it would be more than a patch.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #29
Banned

Rdrunner's Arena

I'll also play with the sliders settings that are listed below and if I notice anything or tweak anything, I'll post it here to see how the changes work for everyone else.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #30
Banned

Rdrunner's Arena

I had OF speed at 0 but there were a total of 7 doubles in the game and 6 singles. I'm going to try OF at 10 and see what happens. Other than that, the various locations of batted balls are nice and fielding is definitely smoother and more realistic. Fielders are not racing at full tilt from the get go and in some situations never get to full speed but rather slow down and bend down to pick up the ball. It looks pretty nice.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #31
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdrunner
I had OF speed at 0 but there were a total of 7 doubles in the game and 6 singles. I'm going to try OF at 10 and see what happens. Other than that, the various locations of batted balls are nice and fielding is definitely smoother and more realistic. Fielders are not racing at full tilt from the get go and in some situations never get to full speed but rather slow down and bend down to pick up the ball. It looks pretty nice.
I found that outfield speed slider of 5 works well with the slider set above. Play a game with like Ellsbury in centerfield and see how much ground he covers. Its amazing what high range guys can do compared to others.

I tried LA Angels becuase their middle infield is nasty, and man, were they nasty. Makes you really reconsider and I've found myself late in games actually making defensive substitutions.......which is awesome!

Great impressions, keep them coming. BUt the fielding is def smoother, like not even close. Tried a game with regular attributes last night and it was gross. So frantic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2013, 07:37 PM   #32
Banned

Rdrunner's Arena

You're right about the fielding being at least 5. I remember both in 2011 & 2012 that "0" is a number the game doesn't handle well.

Anyway, just got thru a 3-1 game (me=Texas) against Arizona. This game, with OF set at 10 we had 5 singles, 1 double and 1 triple. I also saw my SS (Andrus) catch a line drive in a way I had never seen in the game. Rather than seeming to be already in the air while diving as the ball was hit, he actually took a slight step to the left then dove back to the right to barely snag the liner. I thought that was cool. Also saw 2 DP's, 1 by us and 1 by Az, that were extremely smooth. I believe you're onto something here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »