Home

Anticipation Attribute

This is a discussion on Anticipation Attribute within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #41
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Anticipation Attribute

Just played game 2. I won 3-1. They had bases loaded 1 out in the 6th. They hit a ground ball to my 3rd baseman and I went 5-2-3 for the double play to end the inning.

I don't think I've ever turned a 5-2-3 before in this game as my 3rd baseman usually is running when he fields the ball and takes too many steps to get rid of it. Not this time. Fielded it calmly, threw home and catcher to first to end the inning. Was awesome!!!!!!

To me, this is playing like a totally different game.....maybe the way it was supposed to be. BUt it is awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2013, 12:43 AM   #42
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

well, i read all this and picked up the game for a couple bucks at gamestop (coupon) and i am glad i did. i does play differently. i am looking forward to a few more games.

i had just finished my show franchise and missed the playoffs. i am now restarting my reds franchise with these new rosters and sliders.

there are so many things to like about both games. it will be fun playing a whole season of this game with these tweaks and comparing notes at the end.

of course, if 2k13 comes out awesome i may be torn.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #43
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

Now next step. For Franchise users, come end of season, rookies will not have Anticipation Edit. Can the Reditor create / edit draft classes?

At this point I am enjoying 2k12 so much post attribute edit that I am 100% starting a new franchise, probably today. I am thinking ahead, with these fantastic rosters MKharsh and Bretsky are doing, can a draft class be edited as well (not by you guys, just in general)?

I don't even care if they are fake names, just edited attributes. I am willing to look into this further.

I know 2k13 is right around the corner and I assume franchise / draft class stuff is low priority but won't hurt to inquire. Make an amazing bundled package, rosters, sliders, draft classes.

I've said it before, community efforts are the future of sports games just need a company to fully embrace it. Look what's been done here in a matter of a week.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

These roster edits now make this game play incredible... I have a new slider set posted in my thread after numerous testing games. Just a great job on this!!
Old 02-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
Now next step. For Franchise users, come end of season, rookies will not have Anticipation Edit. Can the Reditor create / edit draft classes?

At this point I am enjoying 2k12 so much post attribute edit that I am 100% starting a new franchise, probably today. I am thinking ahead, with these fantastic rosters MKharsh and Bretsky are doing, can a draft class be edited as well (not by you guys, just in general)?

I don't even care if they are fake names, just edited attributes. I am willing to look into this further.

I know 2k13 is right around the corner and I assume franchise / draft class stuff is low priority but won't hurt to inquire. Make an amazing bundled package, rosters, sliders, draft classes.

I've said it before, community efforts are the future of sports games just need a company to fully embrace it. Look what's been done here in a matter of a week.
Yes you can load Franchise saves with reditor.

Editing is just the same as far as I can tell. I've only played around with creating players a bit but I don't think that's a problem but like I say I haven't done much of that.

You can also load MyPlayer saves as well.

Swapping players from team to team is a little tedious with the editor. Maybe easier with the in game editor sitting on the couch! The PC editor is a lot more straight forward in this regard but that doesn't do these saves much good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #46
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

This is a great discovery. Going to snag a copy of 2K12 soon.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 02-04-2013, 10:35 PM   #47
Banned

Rdrunner's Arena

OVR: 11

I really like what I'm seeing. I'm going to keep all the settings right where they're at now.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #48
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

well, so far so good. i just got my first inside the park home run.

votto drove what should have been a single up the middle. (miami) juan pierre dove for it and the ball rolled to the fence. votto scored easily.

even the basic double plays look better. instead of players sometimes running up on medium hit grounders they are waiting more often. plus i finally, finally, finally hit a ball up the middle on miami and the SS dove and missed it by a yard or so.

in my last Pre-25 franchise series against miami to open the season, they must have dove for about 15 to 20 grounders up the middle and got every one of them.

stanton hit a ball down the line with votto barely being able to move.

there are more line drive singles without the infield making leaping grabs.

i think it is helping on stolen bases.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »