Home

MLB 09: The Show Patch Released 4/27/09 - Impressions and Discussion Here

This is a discussion on MLB 09: The Show Patch Released 4/27/09 - Impressions and Discussion Here within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 04:48 PM   #33
MVP

sbauer318's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: New Patch Released 4/27/09 - Impressions and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
I PMed Russell and I will let you guys know if he replies about the CPU roster control lineup issue and the historical stats questions if I am able to do so.

I'm honestly not trying to be critical when I say that, but that shouldn't have gotten through if they thought it was a fix as listed in the patch details.

I am almost hoping they will say, "oops we loaded up the wrong patch".
Either way, it's embarrassing. What would you rather have: a screwed up QA process or screwed up release/patch management? Tough one.
NFL: Baltimore Ravens
Old 04-27-2009, 04:49 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 32

doesn't seem like they fixed much for a month's worth of work. What about annoying glitches like managers and players coming out of the dugout changing colors? What about CPU having 2 mound visits not resulting in taking the pitcher out. And obviously, what about the CPU roster glitch?
Old 04-27-2009, 04:50 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30
The DL problem is still there? Amazing
Agree. I'm surprised this wasn't addressed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 04:52 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball66
It is true. You are talking about an edited roster that not everyone wants to use.
But if it can get you what you are wanting, then why not?? Just asking!! I mean, if you want accurate lineups, Knight's give you that. I know a lot of people think lowering, for example, Soriano's power will make him hit less HR's, but it's not so. I simmed 3 seasons and he hit over 30 in each year. Do what you want....I'm just trying to let you know that his work pretty damn good.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:52 PM   #37
Rookie

sox73b3's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30
The DL problem is still there? Amazing

Is there a workaround? I don't know of a way to work with this, if you get too many injuries you are screwed.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:52 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 09: The Show Patch Released 4/27/09 - Impressions and Discussion Here

For the people that want to use stock rosters in their franchise with the roster control off, AND that have two controllers, couldn't you just do basically go to today's games on the schedule screen, click on the game, move the controllers so you control both teams, and then fix the lineups manually for every game that day? Then once the game starts, just pause it again and have the cpu automatically sim the rest of the game with the lineups set the way you want them?

It might seem like alot of work, but for those that REALLY want to use the stock ratings, with knight's rosters in a franchise with roster control off, I would think this would be the only way?
Old 04-27-2009, 04:53 PM   #39
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
doesn't seem like they fixed much for a month's worth of work. What about annoying glitches like managers and players coming out of the dugout changing colors? What about CPU having 2 mound visits not resulting in taking the pitcher out. And obviously, what about the CPU roster glitch?
Who claimed they spent a month solely working on a patch? It's nice that they put out the patch but compared to other games, they really didn't have to do it. I'm sure their focus is on MLB 2010 right now so anything we get that fixes non-gamebreaking bugs is a bonus. Some of you act like the producers have an obligation to answer your questions immediately.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:53 PM   #40
MVP

devilsjaw's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
Historical career stat glitch: SCEA 4/20 and 4/27 rosters work (meaning no career stat glitch). Anything made before that do NOT. Before when SCEA would release a new roster, the anthing before it turned into a pumpkin and got the career stat glitch. SCEA roster 4/20 did not this time, so I believe the career stat glitch is gone on those rosters. I have checked many players and have yet to find a problem with these 2 rosters and any players on them.

Knights, Ridins, and anyones rosters before 4/20 will have the career stat glitch still if they are on your HDD. I am not sure what will happen when those guys reload their rosters into the vault (which was cleared). I suspect the career stat glitch will still be there, but who knows.
Well, I just downloaded one of the two rosters in the Roster Vault currently, and it looks like it is an update of Ridin's or Knights rosters (not sure which it was called Updated Roster!!!) and it DID NOT have the career stat glitch as far as I can tell. I checked AROD and his stats were correct.

So, maybe re-uploading these roster files to the vault will fix that problem.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »