Home

CPU Logic Ridiculous

This is a discussion on CPU Logic Ridiculous within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 01:37 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
CPU Logic Ridiculous

Let me start off by saying that I love this game and enjoy the hell out of it, but that being said there are some ridiculous problems/omissions in this game that make me wonder how they could have passed testing. In the franchise mode when you trade a player the team you trade him too will not place the guy on the 40 man roster and he will go straight to waivers. I traded Ben Sheets to the Blue Jays for two prospects and he went straight to waivers, essentially causing the Blue Jays to give up two prospects for nothing!!! How in the world does "the best sports sim of all time" miss this crucial logic. Not to mention the fact the game won't auto-start A-Rod from the minor leagues in franchise mode., you have to manually adjust your rosters before starting. LOL but game sure knows how to correct the line-up and put Soriano batting clean-up....Is there a workaround for this that doesn't entail me controlling all 32 teams?

Last edited by FadeEmAll; 05-13-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 01:46 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: CPU Logic Ridiculous

In the trades that I have done, I have yet to see the team place the player I traded them, immediately on waivers.

Not sure whats happening there. But Duncan still plays for the Rockies, in fact he is the starting LF for them.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-13-2009, 01:49 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

Yea, I haven't seen that either. I traded Glavine back to the Mets for a prospect and the next time I played them(about 4 days later) he was pitching.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:50 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

Are you serious? I traded Freddie Sanchez and a Prospect to the Reds for Brandon Phillips, and the very next thing I see Wilson on the waiver list. I could have got him back for nothing but I passed. This happens every time I trade and it makes me feel extremely guilty. there's no way this problem is affecting only me. I'm going to run some tests tonight when I get off work.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:19 PM   #5
Pro

cardsfan2222's Arena

OVR: 12

Every unbalanced trade I've made, the team has placed a lesser player on waivers. I find the RTTS logic worse, as last night my SP was pulled after giving up a hit in the top of the 7th, despite having a shutout going. It was only the 2nd hit I'd given up, and I had only thrown 70 pitches. That's the worst CPU logic I've seen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 02:22 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsfan2222
Every unbalanced trade I've made, the team has placed a lesser player on waivers. I find the RTTS logic worse, as last night my SP was pulled after giving up a hit in the top of the 7th, despite having a shutout going. It was only the 2nd hit I'd given up, and I had only thrown 70 pitches. That's the worst CPU logic I've seen
Just pretend (I do a lot of pretending on this game) that the pitching coach noticed something wrong with your delivery and decided to take you out to avoid injury. Or maybe you developed a blister on your finger.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:28 PM   #7
Banned

livnlegn's Arena

OVR: 5

I hate Sega Sports. Always have. I like NBA 2k9, because I'm not a fool.

I wanted to preface this statement with that, because I assume some people will try to paint a 2k jersey on me.

One of the biggest criticisms I have heard about 2k baseball (Front office or 2k9) is the ai logic in signings and trades. I say heard, because I do not own either one.

Well, I simmed a few seasons in MLB 09 and Carlos Lee is now a Royal.

Enough said.

Either you are insatiable or you recognize the point.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:37 PM   #8
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by livnlegn
Well, I simmed a few seasons in MLB 09 and Carlos Lee is now a Royal.

Enough said.
Why is that so hard to believe? The Royals are a good, young team and he plays for a crappy, aging team. Sounds fair to me. I mean, of course there are going to be some mistakes - it's a game, but this is just a terrible example.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »