Home

Great patch now there is no post game highlights!!

This is a discussion on Great patch now there is no post game highlights!! within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 09:38 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Great patch now there is no post game highlights!!

No highlights for me either. Very disappointing. If you go into the replay vault, there is noone on the field and the graphics look somewhere between Intellivision and PS2. It only shows the last play of the game with noone on the field.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #34
Pro

masterkembo's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltw0303cavs
dude pre next gen, they didnt do patches in console gaming cause unless i missed it your ps2 didnt have the capability. Madden umm when was the last good madden ? 2005-2008 all had patches and yes even the holy grail of baseball gaming mvp 05 had a patch for the computer version. plus it could be modded which you cant mod in consoles anyway. seriously man you dont like it go buy an xbox and play 2k9 cause i hear that game is off the charts...
Obviously they didn't have the capability to make patches genius. You said name the last sports game that didn't have a patch and I did. Pre PS3/XBox360 games didn't need a patch, all of the sudden every game needs a patch - why is that?

I'm not bad mouthing the game - the game is great. I'm bad mouthing the patch - the patch is less than great.

I love that response too - everytime someone on these forums says anything bad about SCEA or the Show. "GO play 2K9 then..bla bla bla" I bought this game because I heard it was the best - I have no interest in buying 2K9. I'm just extremely dissapointed and annoyed that the patch comes out and now all kinds of people have to either choose from using the patch, or continuing their saved game files. This choice should not have to be made no matter what.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:42 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkembo
It's broken because people have spent 100's of hours on their franchises and they don't want to start over.

A patch should never have this kind of effect on saved games.

Some of these guys are 100 games into their seasons....or more. People get attached to their players, their teams, etc and starting over from that point is a fairly daunting task.
Yeah, that is kind of the whole point..Or at least a big part of it.

The results from the work you've put into it.

Otherwise you may as well play all exhibition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 09:58 AM   #36
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

From the sound of things i am glad I do not have internet. So far I am fine withh the game as it is. SCEA is has been on top of the hill in MLB and they have sold some PS3's just for this game. I just bought mine 2 weeks ago. I hope that they don't get lazy now!
Old 04-28-2009, 09:59 AM   #37
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

I played 2 games last night, and post-game highlights were still there. I am playing with an existing Franchise (Tigers 4/28), btw.

YouTube

Last edited by thaSLAB; 04-28-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:04 AM   #38
fpe
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have no post- game highlights or previous home run highlights since the patch, playing in my pre-existing season.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:35 AM   #39
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

I don't have any replay vault either. I also agree with asw88 that this game is broken. I'm extremely disappointed with this game. Sony has made this game worst and now they won't even show up to at least say they are aware of the issues and are working on a patch that works. I love baseball, but I don't even want to do a franchise anymore. I had played 60 games before this last patch and now it won't work with the new patch. It's even more sad to see people defend Sony for this garbage. This is completly unaceptable and please don't give me that wait until next year crap. I paid for this game and it should be working properly.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:38 AM   #40
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

so some guys are seeing post game highlights and some aren't? Is there something that one is doing vs the other thats causing the difference?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »