Home

first pitch meatballs....bug?

This is a discussion on first pitch meatballs....bug? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2013, 10:04 AM   #17
Banned

jimbo_1884's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: first pitch meatballs....bug?

Just played a game as The Tigers against The Giants (on HoF) using my own player ratings and the first pitch of every inning was a fastball over the middle of the plate.

The same thing also happened each time a new reliever was brought in.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #18
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilmar1
There's no "First Pitch Strike" slider. If I lower Strike %, it may negatively affect the total % of strikes thrown.
Ahh, but there is. I'm not able to find it right now, but if you read the description, it says the slider "affects the chances of the pitcher throwing strikes early in the count". Lower that slider and it will work. This has had to be lowered 2-3 notches for every year since I can remember.

Last edited by Bahnzo; 03-06-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:09 AM   #19
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

OVR: 3

First pitch I saw this year with Ichiro I slammed opposite field for a double. I thought I was just good.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #20
Rookie

Levesque7's Arena

OVR: 5

I agree with this post. It has nothing to do with difficulty. I play on Hall of Fame with zone hitting and I am having the same issues in RTTS and Season mode.

It also has nothing to do with patience. I walk 3 to 5 times per game and often get the pitcher up to 100 pitches by the 6th inning. First pitch strike % is one thing, but when every one of those strikes is right down the pipe, that is something totally different.

The CPU adapting doesn't make sense either. I get 5 to 6 hits every game from this. It's really killing the realism.

The amount of strikes isn't the problem, it's the location of those strikes.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #21
Rookie

bautistabomb's Arena

OVR: 10

Sounds like whenever a new pitcher enters the game, the first pitch will always be right down the middle of the plate (Meatball). I'm gonna have to test this out. This is a potential game breaking bug. The problem is if you don't want to exploit this bug and take every first pitch, then you are 0-1 to start every at bat which is no better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hah, I came on here looking for people having the same issue. Glad to know it's not just my imagination or settings.. I'm on HOF in RTTS (only mode I play) and yes, meatballs down the middle literally 9/10 ABs. It doesnt even have to be a new reliever entering the game, its kind of rediculous. Hopefully they can patch this instead of having to play around with sliders...
Old 03-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #23
Baseball King

bobtrain's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone012984
Hah, I came on here looking for people having the same issue. Glad to know it's not just my imagination or settings.. I'm on HOF in RTTS (only mode I play) and yes, meatballs down the middle literally 9/10 ABs. It doesnt even have to be a new reliever entering the game, its kind of rediculous. Hopefully they can patch this instead of having to play around with sliders...
Even when I have CPU strike frequency set at 3, it's still fastball down the middle every time. So I lowered CPU accuracy to 3. Still straight down the middle.

MLB: Milwaukee Brewers
NFL: Green Bay Packers
CFB: Minnesota Gophers
Old 03-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #24
Baseball King

bobtrain's Arena

Here is Fan Graphs study of first pitch strike percentage: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...know-f-strike/

MLB: Milwaukee Brewers
NFL: Green Bay Packers
CFB: Minnesota Gophers

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »