Home

OS94 (MLB 15) Topic

This is a discussion on OS94 (MLB 15) Topic within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2015, 12:25 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: OS94 (MLB 15) Topic

Just finished rosters for the National League.

Doing the American then releasing then doing v2, which will be almost entirely about putting in realistic contracts. I'll make a spreadsheet to make it faster.

Last edited by Phil Parent; 06-07-2015 at 12:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2015, 12:28 PM   #26
Rookie

And yeah, I do some effort so that the faces look like themselves. But obviously I worked a little more on Pedro Martinez than on Israel Alcantara :-p

Little detail: There are no longer real players on Tampa Bay. I don't know if they modified the number of players you can put on the free agents list or if I just used the spots better when I imported the FAs, but all the free agents I have in the game fit in the list now, I even have a spot for a fielder left to fill.

Last edited by Phil Parent; 06-07-2015 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:24 PM   #27
MVP

grgmths1433's Arena

OVR: 7

I was looking for these! Can't wait til this project us over and ready for play. Thank you

MLB- Milwaukee Brewers
NFL- Green Bay Packers
NBA- Milwaukee Bucks
Old 06-07-2015, 09:03 PM   #28
Rookie

v1 is up!

Look for OS 1994 v1 under my name in the Vault!
Old 06-08-2015, 01:58 AM   #29
Rookie

jermars666's Arena

OVR: 0

I totally need to know where the player ratings came from. There are a TON of players below 50 OVR. I know 1994 was strike shortened but there are so many ratings all lover the place. Like a guy having contact vsR at like 90 and then vsL at like 5. I get splits and all but that is too big of a split.
Old 06-08-2015, 02:33 AM   #30
Rookie

Once you got 1690 players in the game, the ones left to add leave a bit to be desired... so, added in v2 so far...

Braulio Castillo
Julio Peguero
Narciso Elvira
Brian Lane
Luis Iglesias
Terry McDaniel
Pete Walker
Denny Harriger
Archie Cobain
Danny Leon
Dennis Hood
Alex Smith
Efrain Valdez
Scott Holcomb
Luis M. De Los Santos
Hector Wagner
Mike Walker
Willie Magallanes
Brent Knackert
Dean Wilkins
Dave Eiland
Derek Livernois
Bob Zambrano

Some of them are free agents picked to start filling up Tampa & Arizona. Best known is probably Pete Walker, who may not have been that good, but he at least lasted a while.
Old 06-08-2015, 02:36 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermars666
I totally need to know where the player ratings came from. There are a TON of players below 50 OVR. I know 1994 was strike shortened but there are so many ratings all lover the place. Like a guy having contact vsR at like 90 and then vsL at like 5. I get splits and all but that is too big of a split.
The original data was Knight's, so he used the OSFM charts. I've barely touched most of the MLBers ratings and they were his, I just ported his set by hand last year. Most minor leaguers are mine, or mined from other mods that I've modified to bring them in line with this mod. I loved the original 1994 mod and people loved it too, it was the most popular historical set the year it came out, in 201....2?

I really respect Knight. So if he says that Ty Van Burkleo was worthy of a 29 OV and that this worked good in the game, then that's what I copied over. I like the range of OVs, it makes the big leaguers seem that much better.

It's not perfect. But I put lots of effort in trying to make it realistic and franchise ready, last year I made everybody with the appropriate Years Of Service so that they'd fall free agents at the right time, this year I will make the research and make sure everybody has their actual contract with the 2015 equivalent of the money they made in 1994. And of course, finish the 90-man rosters.

Last edited by Phil Parent; 06-08-2015 at 02:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2015, 02:51 AM   #32
Rookie

jermars666's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent
The original data was Knight's, so he used the OSFM charts. I've barely touched most of the MLBers ratings and they were his, I just ported his set by hand last year. Most minor leaguers are mine, or mined from other mods that I've modified to bring them in line with this mod. I loved it and people loved it too, it was the most popular historical set the year it came out, in 201....2?

I really respect Knight. So if he says that Ty Van Burkleo was worthy of a 29 OV and that this worked good in the game, then that's what I copied over. I like the range of OVs, it makes the big leaguers seem that much better.
Fair enough. I was just curious. I like the big leaguers better than minors guys too, But I can tell the only thing taken into account was raw stats from that year and was just meant to play out as a single season. JT Snow was injured and had a off year and is rated a 48, 1995 he has one of his best years. Mark McGwire a 68 OVR and 10 vsL Contact... Will be interesting to sim this set for sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »