Home

What if I told you... that Roster Tools is BACK!

This is a discussion on What if I told you... that Roster Tools is BACK! within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2015, 05:41 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: What if I told you... that Roster Tools is BACK!

Thank You very much. Yes, always stay on the HIGH ROAD. LIFE GOES ON. PEACE. Get some rest.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:55 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Very excited to see this, I've been looking for something like this for a long time. Very excited!
Old 04-29-2015, 06:01 PM   #19
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

This is interesting I use to work with tools like this for Pro Evolution Soccer so I am curious to see what comes of this, also cant wait to see what this tool can produce for pitcher ratings.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:20 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 10

I look forward to seeing this, hopefully you have every stat covered and if so, I will redo the stats on my AllTime Roster using this, as I would have were this available!
Old 04-29-2015, 11:44 PM   #21
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCards87
Anyway, take a look at these stats and give me some feedback on how accurate you think they came out. Remember, this is 2013 Murphy.

ConR

ConL

PowR

PowL

Bnt

DBnt

Vis

Disc

Clu

Dur

Spd

Arm

-
Acc

-
Rea

-
Fld

Blk

-
BRAbility

BRAgility

Quote:
I spoke with WaitTilNextYear, and he has declined to compare spreadsheets and formulas, which is fine. He has his reasons, even if I don't agree. Those Cubs fans, I tell ya...

It's not that I'm not supportive of what you're trying to do, but, yes, I do have my reasons for being a stick in the mud.

As for your tool--let me just say that I have never heard of this since I believe it pre-dates my time here. That being said, here are my ratings for Oh Danny Boy to compare to yours...

Code:
ConR	- 86

ConL	- 77

PowR	- 39

PowL	- 32

Bnt - N/A (SCEA rating)

DBnt - N/A (SCEA rating)

Vis - 76	

Disc - 46

Clu - 61	

Dur - 85	

Spd - 49	

Arm Str - 63	

Acc - 71

Rea - 52	

Fld - 39	

Blk - N/A (not catcher)	

Stealing - 57	

BRAgg - 39

I think your calculator is going to need to be calibrated to the game in order to produce meaningful stats. I'd suggest plugging in some ratings for a whole team or selected players, running a sim or 10, and seeing how it goes. I have a hunch that your 1st draft Daniel Murphy here is going to be a bit homer happy. I also think he's rated a little too fast although he does steal more bases than you'd expect for such a limited runner. Most of the other ratings seem quite reasonable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2015, 12:25 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

WaittilNextYear, You were one fo the first person I thought of but formulas are personal. But I am GLAD You did Repond. THIS is why I LOVE This SITE, You Guys and Girls Have CLASS. This is Still The BEST SHOW SITE.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:16 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Good question, the way the program works, is you have to select individual years for a player.

Note: You MUST have an internet connection for this program to work. It's highly advanced. It pulls stats in real-time based on your selection on the spreadsheet, from Baseball Prospectus. Without an internet connection, it will not work.

Anyway, so you need to first decide which statistical year you want to mirror in game. What I do is I look for a year that statistically looks average among a players other years.

Lets say I grab 2013 Daniel Murphy, this is what the program spits out at me. These are based on some very intricate and detailed formulas that allow split stat breakdowns so as to correctly differentiate a hitters performance vs left/right handed pitchers accordingly.

The only stats that are incredibly hard to determine are a players arm strength/accuracy as well as reaction time and blocking. I would need to take a look at another users spreadsheet to see what metrics they use to determine such a rating. There is the Put Out statistic, but once a player gains a reputation, people won't test their arm, so a low Put Out stat for a player doesn't equate to a bad arm.

Anyway, take a look at these stats and give me some feedback on how accurate you think they came out. Remember, this is 2013 Murphy.

ConR

ConL

PowR

PowL

Bnt

DBnt

Vis

Disc

Clu

Dur

Spd

Arm

-
Acc

-
Rea

-
Fld

Blk

-
BRAbility

BRAgility

Here's what JTommy67's RosterBuildUtility reports:
ConR 81
ConL 72
PowR 53
PowL 29
Bnt 24
DBnt 26
Vis 81
Disc 36
Clu 82
Dur 98
Spd 62
Arm 62
Acc 51
Rea 41
Fld 64
Blk 0
BRAbility 63
BRAgility 46
Old 04-30-2015, 09:41 AM   #24
Rookie

PatsCards87's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm amazed at how close those ratings are. I'm pretty satisfied with my numbers, thank you for the comparison.

For those who posted ratings, could you tell me what metrics you used in your formulas to determine Arm Strength, Accuracy, and Reaction? I have a plan in place already for blocking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »