Home

Turn Back the Clock:1965

This is a discussion on Turn Back the Clock:1965 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2016, 08:58 AM   #81
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Turn Back the Clock:1965

Knight,

Get better first off. Looking forward to this set as your work is amazing.

Off topic, do you happen to know or get confirmation if we can name our save files on MLB 16? Dear lord please.

Thanks man.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2016, 01:11 PM   #82
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Knight,

Get better first off. Looking forward to this set as your work is amazing.

Off topic, do you happen to know or get confirmation if we can name our save files on MLB 16? Dear lord please.

Thanks man.
I'm 100X better already.
Last week was brutal.
Thank you.

I just have the Met position players and some fine tuning(S.F. really should have won that year I guess!....they beat L.A. a LOT in the regular season)...as well as Detroit and the White Sox beating out Minny quite regularly!

But that makes it more fun.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-22-2016, 01:36 PM   #83
MVP

Yep, it was an exciting year for sure!

Marichal conking Roseboro on the back of his head with his bat in an early August game probably caused the Giants to lose the pennant as he was suspended for some 9 games or so and wasn't allowed to make the final trip to Los Angeles for the seasons late series.

Twins were really a strong club in the mid '60s and ended it with a 7 game lead over all others. But they couldn't muster many runs against the likes of the Dodgers Koufax, Drysdale & Osteen. Dodgers couldn't hit a lick but certainly could chunk that rock and take those extra bases.

Not to mention it was the beginning of the end of the Yankees dynasty even after they lured the St. Louis Cardinals manager Johnny Keane, who had best them in the '64 Series, to come to the Bronx to manager the seemingly unbeatable Bombers. Yanks finished the year as a second division team.

Then don't forget the opening of the Astrodome the 8th Wonder of the World ! Which was where I saw my first Major League game that year with the Giants visiting Houston. Top of the first Willie Mays sent a magnificent line shot straight over the Center Field fence! I remember it like it was yesterday!

What a Year it Was !

Thanks Knight for letting us relive IT !

Last edited by doncropper; 03-22-2016 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-22-2016, 04:02 PM   #84
MVP

I was born in 1967 so this set does not really interest me. But reading doncropper's post is what make these classic rosters so great. It gives us old timers a chance to relive a better era in sports and relive special moments from our youth. I will be starting a season with you '75 set when 16 comes out next week. Like cropper, I can remember that season as if it was yesterday. Living and dying with every pitch of my beloved NY Mets. Back then I would sit and watch every game in it's entirety. And of course Fisk's home run!!! One of the greatest moments in WS history. I hope everyone enjoys this set as well as your others. I cannot thank you enough for the work you put into this...
Old 03-24-2016, 08:56 PM   #85
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Okay fellas.....thank you for your patience!!!

It's in the Vault...

Turn Back the Clock 1965
Knight165
Historic

You guys know the deal....all ratings....faces...equip...stances and STATS as of 1965.

Enjoy and let me know of any corrections or suggestions!

I will be transferring both the 1965 and 1975 set for '16 and working on a 1985 set for that as well.

Thanks again!!

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2016, 10:20 PM   #86
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

Yeah! I logged on here just to see if you had by chance posted this! Now if I can just get all my work done so I can actually DL the roster...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Okay fellas.....thank you for your patience!!!

It's in the Vault...

Turn Back the Clock 1965
Knight165
Historic

You guys know the deal....all ratings....faces...equip...stances and STATS as of 1965.

Enjoy and let me know of any corrections or suggestions!

I will be transferring both the 1965 and 1975 set for '16 and working on a 1985 set for that as well.

Thanks again!!

M.K.
Knight165

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2016, 01:04 AM   #87
MVP

You would know it ........ I've been waiting on this roster for sometime now and just earlier today our house was struck by lightning ...... Puff went the PS4, Router, a desktop computer, Directtv (now fixed with new equipment) and our home security cameras outside around the house.

Went picked up a new PS4 & Router (plus a new copy of MLB 15 since it was stuck in the fried PS4 which doesn't power on to get it out) ..........

Now having a heck of a time getting this damn expensive new router to work and haven't succeeded yet ......... so I can't really do much with the PS4 since I can't get the Internet on it yet ...... Man, I only hope all those rosters I had backed up on a USB Flash drive are accessible in the game once I get the Internet working !!!

Thanks Knight --- I know it will be fabulous as is all your work !
Old 03-28-2016, 06:34 AM   #88
Rookie

Beautiful beautiful set Knight, almost makes me cry. As I get older myself I only play with classic rosters nowadays and can't wait for that possible 1985 set

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »