Home

Turn Back the Clock: 1985

This is a discussion on Turn Back the Clock: 1985 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2016, 11:36 AM   #33
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Turn Back the Clock: 1985

Just to touch on that further...
Those non-existent teams are that way to be a non-factor.

Are you just asking that the names be different?

I'm not sure why though, since they should mean nothing in the season play.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 08-01-2016, 04:38 PM   #34
Rookie

RocketsFan1993's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Just to touch on that further...
Those non-existent teams are that way to be a non-factor.

Are you just asking that the names be different?

I'm not sure why though, since they should mean nothing in the season play.

M.K.
Knight165
They may not mean anything, but when I play a game, I don't want to hear or see John Does batting every time on the opposing team. I am just asking that you give the John Does regular names. That way it mixes things up. They can be kept at the same player edit sliders as the John Does. No disrespect though. I understand that would take a little bit more time and that roster making is time consuming to begin with. Once again I am looking forward to this.
Old 08-01-2016, 04:43 PM   #35
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketsFan1993
They may not mean anything, but when I play a game, I don't want to hear or see John Does batting every time on the opposing team. I am just asking that you give the John Does regular names. That way it mixes things up. They can be kept at the same player edit sliders as the John Does. No disrespect though. I understand that would take a little bit more time and that roster making is time consuming to begin with. Once again I am looking forward to this.
It shouldn't take you more 20 or 30 minutes to do that yourself
#44Syracuse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2016, 04:50 PM   #36
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Quote:
Ah...I see.
But quite frankly, you're not supposed to be playing against those teams.....just sim through that series.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 08-01-2016, 07:52 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Ah...I see.
But quite frankly, you're not supposed to be playing against those teams.....just sim through that series.

M.K.
Knight165
Exactly. Why is Knight or any other roster maker going to waste time creating different fictional players so there is a variety of them, when they are doing a 1985 roster, true to the year? Theres a thread for an entire fictional roster if thats what your looking for.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 08-01-2016, 09:14 PM   #38
Rookie

RocketsFan1993's Arena

I think I know what I will do with this roster when it completed. I will edit the John Does to different names and make it a full minors for all 30 teams as well and have it be for my use only. I don't do roster making, so I won't release to the public. So I will be looking forward to your complete release for this. Good luck Knight165.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:17 PM   #39
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Quote:
I think I know what I will do with this roster when it completed. I will edit the John Does to different names and make it a full minors for all 30 teams as well and have it be for my use only. I don't do roster making, so I won't release to the public. So I will be looking forward to your complete release for this. Good luck Knight165.
Thanks.

You could release it.....I don't mind when guys take the sets I make and edit them and put them out there for others.
I'm sure others think/play as you and the John Does bug them.

I myself wish we could just make custom sets and I could just leave those teams out.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 08-01-2016, 09:32 PM   #40
Rookie

RocketsFan1993's Arena

Quote:
Thanks.

You could release it.....I don't mind when guys take the sets I make and edit them and put them out there for others.
I'm sure others think/play as you and the John Does bug them.

I myself wish we could just make custom sets and I could just leave those teams out.

M.K.
Knight165
Yeah, but I literally have no confidence in my abilites and would be scared that people would hate my work. I am not good with faces or equipment. Birthplaces will be easy. Ratings, I think I could do but it will still be a little difficult. I feel it would be better if I did it for my use and save people the displeasure of using a roster from a rookie roster maker who has never done anything advanced like that before.

P.S. What are your plans after 1985? There is a 1994 roster being worked on by someone else, so I don't see the point of a 1995, but I think if your are still wanting to do rosters, you could do a 2005 roster if possible. You do good work, so I will be looking forward to any of your projects.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »