Home

OSFM for MLB 19

This is a discussion on OSFM for MLB 19 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2019, 05:57 PM   #25
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OSFM for MLB 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheamazin
Is there any reason Ridin cant just pass the torch to guys on here to do this years version?
Ridin has already said he has no problem with us doing what we want with it once it's released. Now whether he's willing to give up what they have already done this year is another story. Plus Ridin was real good about doing the scouting and adjusting the ratings so there was no homerism in the prospects.

Plus I think ivanhoe is gone too and he was also a huge part of these rosters as well. Of course showtyme is still around but I think he is supporting Ridin on this one and may not want to be involved. Which is completely understandable. You gotta stick with your boys.

Last edited by Therebelyell626; 03-13-2019 at 06:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2019, 06:03 PM   #26
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Also, since we're not supposed to call it OSFM anymore, if we do our own set this year maybe someone should give it a name that gives a nod to the two previous guys in charge. Something like knightindwnkingsley lol. All joking aside you guys really will need a new name
Old 03-13-2019, 06:45 PM   #27
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Also, since we're not supposed to call it OSFM anymore, if we do our own set this year maybe someone should give it a name that gives a nod to the two previous guys in charge. Something like knightindwnkingsley lol. All joking aside you guys really will need a new name
knightinridinarmour?? hahahaha

I have just put in for Leave for the day after the game comes out. so that day I am going to be spending the entire day exporting and importing players across. from mlb 18 to mlb 19. I can upload it when that is finished.

Meanwhile. if someone can take note of a list of vets that will be missing in the game (turn generic) so that they can be exported as well. then all someone would have to do is be able to edit the face for those players. then they can be exported in. all those players need is a face. because they will have all the career stats equipment etc.

I wish we knew now what players will be missing there is a missing players thread posted on here with a list of players. a lot of 50 50 guys we are waiting on to mark off the list.,

Once all that is finished. and the base is done someone can do re ratings. any tuning contract fixes etc.

but that is what I will be doing that entire first day exporting and importing like a mad man,
Old 03-13-2019, 07:21 PM   #28
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7

If you guys are serious about putting a roster together- the import process should be the last one. Before you do that you need to set the roster for every team so the import process is somewhat seamless

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Old 03-13-2019, 07:44 PM   #29
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

ShowTyme is there anything that could possibly speed up release this year?

Old 03-13-2019, 07:45 PM   #30
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
If you guys are serious about putting a roster together- the import process should be the last one. Before you do that you need to set the roster for every team so the import process is somewhat seamless

I basically have a roster in mlb 18 ready that will be exactly the same in 19 after all the imports are in.. the only thing that won't be is the missing vet players because we don't know that list yet.

I think it's much easier to have a base ready first then make the edits.

I guess a spreadsheet could be created with 90 man roster. highlight green of players that will be in the game. red for players that need to be imported over and yellow for 50-50 guys that could be missing from the game. and blue for vets that we know will be missing from the game and have to be face created and imported over with service time.

This is the system I would use anyway. we only have 12 days left to really do this. if people wanna start with 90 man rosters and post them by all means go ahead.

The last thing should really be lineups and actually assigned AAA and AA rosters.

my concentration will just be to get the players in a base roster. if someone wants to then take the wheel for ratings fixes etc by all means. it's what I am gonna do anyway for myself. but I will gladly share it.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:04 PM   #31
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
I basically have a roster in mlb 18 ready that will be exactly the same in 19 after all the imports are in.. the only thing that won't be is the missing vet players because we don't know that list yet.

I think it's much easier to have a base ready first then make the edits.

I guess a spreadsheet could be created with 90 man roster. highlight green of players that will be in the game. red for players that need to be imported over and yellow for 50-50 guys that could be missing from the game. and blue for vets that we know will be missing from the game and have to be face created and imported over with service time.

This is the system I would use anyway. we only have 12 days left to really do this. if people wanna start with 90 man rosters and post them by all means go ahead.

The last thing should really be lineups and actually assigned AAA and AA rosters.

my concentration will just be to get the players in a base roster. if someone wants to then take the wheel for ratings fixes etc by all means. it's what I am gonna do anyway for myself. but I will gladly share it.

Sounds like you have a good base to import from. I would just make sure you have extras for when players start getting released in the next few weeks. When I used to do the Hybrid and a few teams each year for the OSFM I would basically prep a 100 man roster for each team on paper (or spreadsheet) so it was quick creation and replacement for dropped players.

If time allows I may be able to help with faces for players removed from the game once it is released as well as helping organize getting the roster together.

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2019, 08:06 PM   #32
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
knightinridinarmour?? hahahaha

I have just put in for Leave for the day after the game comes out. so that day I am going to be spending the entire day exporting and importing players across. from mlb 18 to mlb 19. I can upload it when that is finished.

Meanwhile. if someone can take note of a list of vets that will be missing in the game (turn generic) so that they can be exported as well. then all someone would have to do is be able to edit the face for those players. then they can be exported in. all those players need is a face. because they will have all the career stats equipment etc.

I wish we knew now what players will be missing there is a missing players thread posted on here with a list of players. a lot of 50 50 guys we are waiting on to mark off the list.,

Once all that is finished. and the base is done someone can do re ratings. any tuning contract fixes etc.

but that is what I will be doing that entire first day exporting and importing like a mad man,
haha... good one. You will definitely be getting a download from me. I am terrible at creations but I am willing to help any way I can. If we are serious about doing this then I will pick up the game this year. I can usually get it the Friday before (don't hold me to this. My spot hasn't let me down yet but there are variables to account for) so I can help importing or whatever over the weekend leading up to the Tuesday release. I have never done this before so I will need a quick tutorial on how to do it. Maybe someone with some scouting knowledge can step forward and do some re-ratings to account for this year (preferably no homerism) prospect updates. If we all pull together we could actually maybe wind up having a decent set to hold us over until ridin and the boys can get their set out. I do think we need to give credit to the original creators with the release though since it will be a set based off of all of the work they did last year.

Edit: also I know some of the guys like bacon96 and maybe Houston are still around, and can give us some pointers and insight on how to get these done. If anything this could be a good dry run for next year when Ridin is not going to be doing them anymore, and just maybe we can keep this thing going.

Last edited by Therebelyell626; 03-13-2019 at 08:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »