Home

Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2017, 01:38 PM   #33
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Slider

I will update the visual settings I settled on for PS4 Pro soon as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-28-2017, 02:10 PM   #34
Rookie

Re: Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
And there you go.

Video games are not reality, and are virtual reality and my perception of how my virtual baseball world plays seems to inspire enough people to enjoy these sliders and play and approach the game in a very similar fashion.

That's all I care about. Having fun, getting a true simulation feel and yeah.....it's a video game.

So to answer one universal slider for ya.....base-runner speed at 3 allows elite runner to stand out, OF speed is something I am working on, as well as infield reaction. I think that is what your looking for. But the next guy may think nope....."I like it at 4".

Who is to freaking argue? It's your game. Play it the way you want.

And the threads are very useful. Because we are having a great time and sharing settings based on our perceptions of our virtual baseball reality on a video game. Hundreds of thousands of players seem to like it.

Is your point to somehow discredit me? I did not know I needed a PHD in video game Sliderology.

Peace.
Look dude, I'm not here to insult you, I just want to enjoy the game and talk about it, but you're grossly misunderstanding what I came here for.

Imagine treating people with this sort of respect:

"Hey man, how much experience do you have with the Show? Are you talking about a universal slider set, or individual sliders? I want to clarify since I've never spoken to you and want to be very clear so I don't condescendingly misjudge you. Oh, you're talking about individual sliders? OK, here's what we know and what we don't."

Instead of assuming things and treating me like I'm 5, that's where you could have taken this. I'm totally willing to accept that I'm wrong. However, logic tells me that if Trout can run from A to B in ~X amount of time, then a game that ~90 people devote their careers to making as realistic as possible should also have Trout running from A to B within the same range of time.

Perhaps there's a realistic *range* that can be universally agreed on? Let's say Trout can run 100 feet in 4.4-5.3 seconds in real life, depending on a few variables. Maybe through your slider experience, you found out that Trout runs within this range of time as long as base running is between 0-4. When it hits 5, his time drops to 3 seconds, which is unrealistic.

After all these years of testing sliders, it'd be cool to find out there is an agreed-upon range of realistic settings. Maybe there is none. I came here excited by all of the slider threads, thinking the veterans could help bring me up to speed. Instead, this is what I get:

"Base running 3 is good, but who are you to freaking argue? Play it the way you want."

Why couldn't you have said, "what we've seen so far is that 3 or 4 nets realistic results, and we haven't concluded anything beyond that." I mean, really, if someone came in here and said, "hurr durr your dum, 10 is base running realism #winning", would you simply say it's a matter of perception? I'd hope you'd rightfully call them out for a few things, namely that 10 is way too high.

Fact is, if base running has a realistic range of 3-10, then the sliders don't have enough impact on the game for you to waste your time.

In any event, I can post my own threads now, so I won't be opening this one again. Take care.

Last edited by BillPeener; 03-28-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:18 PM   #35
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPeener
Look dude, I'm not here to insult you, I just want to enjoy the game and talk about it, but you're grossly misunderstanding what I came here for.

"Hey man, how much experience do you have with the Show? Are you talking about a universal slider set, or individual sliders? I want to clarify since I've never spoken to you and want to be very clear so I don't condescendingly misjudge you. Oh, you're talking about individual sliders? OK, here's what we know and what we don't."

Instead of assuming things and treating me like I'm 5, that's where you could have taken this. I'm totally willing to accept that I'm wrong. However, logic tells me that if Trout can run from A to B in ~X amount of time, then a game that ~90 people devote their careers to making as realistic as possible should also have Trout running from A to B within the same range of time.

Perhaps there's a realistic *range* that can be universally agreed on? Let's say Trout can run 100 feet in 4.4-5.3 seconds in real life, depending on a few variables. Maybe through your slider experience, you found out that Trout runs within this range of time as long as base running is between 0-4. When it hits 5, his time drops to 3 seconds, which is unrealistic.

After all these years of testing sliders, it'd be cool to find out there is an agreed-upon range of realistic settings. Maybe there is none. I came here excited by all of the slider threads, thinking the veterans could help bring me up to speed. Instead, this is what I get:

"Base running 3 is good, but who are you to freaking argue? Play it the way you want."

Why couldn't you have said, "what we've seen so far is that 3 or 4 nets realistic results, and we haven't concluded anything beyond that." I mean, really, if someone came in here and said, "hurr durr your dum, 10 is base running realism #winning", would you simply say it's a matter of perception? I'd hope you'd rightfully call them out for a few things, namely that 10 is way too high.

Fact is, if base running has a realistic range of 3-10, then the sliders don't have enough impact on the game for you to waste your time.

In any event, I can post my own threads now, so I won't be opening this one again. Take care.
Take care and have fun playing the game.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2017, 02:53 PM   #36
MVP

Lil Worm's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Take care and have fun playing the game.

so I won't be opening this one again. Take care. TAKE CARE you are definitely going to be missing out on a great slider base, and in my case slider set. I hope that you will at the very least give them a whirl!!
Old 03-28-2017, 04:10 PM   #37
MVP

Seeing a lot of homers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2017, 04:21 PM   #38
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPeener

So, basicly, what you are saying is that you pretty much hijacked/trolled this thread so that you could get your count up where you can post your own thread?

I may be missing something, but isn't that against the TOS???
Old 03-28-2017, 05:02 PM   #39
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

If you dont mind, can you explain exactly how the classic pitching works again please. Thanks
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 03-28-2017, 05:03 PM   #40
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

I can tell you this now the CPU handles the BP A LOT differently this year, I had them pull a pitcher when I was up 5-0 after 3 and a third, and they kept the RP (in the LP slot) out there for 3 and 2 thirds and they gave up 4 runs in that but the CPU stuck with them but pulled the starter pretty early. so I am very happy about this.

looks like different logic this year, maybe the manager hook works for once and needs to be played with. I ended up winning the game 9-7

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »