Home

JoshC1977's "Maximize Player Ratings" MLB 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's "Maximize Player Ratings" MLB 20 Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2020, 11:07 PM   #81
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's "Maximize Player Ratings" MLB 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenaturual787
I cant, my timing isnt that great at all. What I am saying is at default "weak contact" balls are still easy fly balls to the outfield, just the same as "good contact" ones. There are no bloops at all.
I 100% disagree here.

Not saying that isn't what you're seeing, but the batted ball variety have been fantastic in my experience.

Make sure you're using the full breadth of your hitting options. So, use contact/power/normal swings at baseball-appropriate times...use the stick influence. If you're just pushing X...well...you're limiting the chess match a bit.

If you still have issues....try lowering your timing slider one click (do NOT do this for the CPU...otherwise, you run the risk of nerfing their offense too much)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2020, 09:11 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I 100% disagree here.

Not saying that isn't what you're seeing, but the batted ball variety have been fantastic in my experience.

Make sure you're using the full breadth of your hitting options. So, use contact/power/normal swings at baseball-appropriate times...use the stick influence. If you're just pushing X...well...you're limiting the chess match a bit.

If you still have issues....try lowering your timing slider one click (do NOT do this for the CPU...otherwise, you run the risk of nerfing their offense too much)
What about solid hits? I feel like if I change timing, I will just be going oppo, the velocity off the bat is the problem. If I am way out in front of a curve it should be a chopper or a weak ground ball, but I see a regular ground ball the same as if I am on a fastball but pound it into the ground.

I definitely use the stick and buttons at appropriate times. If we are both using AS default, theoretically we should be seeing very similar results, not vastly different ones, that confuses me.
Old 03-22-2020, 11:12 AM   #83
Rookie

How are y'all able to play with pitch display turned off? Half the time the cmera is panning around the stadium & I can't see the call plus for whatever reason holding right on the d pad plus holding r1 doesn't show the pitches.
Old 03-22-2020, 11:41 AM   #84
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Cee
How are y'all able to play with pitch display turned off? Half the time the cmera is panning around the stadium & I can't see the call plus for whatever reason holding right on the d pad plus holding r1 doesn't show the pitches.
Go into the gameplay settings, presentation options, and then turn the pre-pitch camera to None.
Old 03-22-2020, 11:53 AM   #85
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenatural787
If we are both using AS default, theoretically we should be seeing very similar results, not vastly different ones, that confuses me.
Honest opinion, it sounds to me that you are either too comfortable with the pitch speed settings or too overwhelmed by them. Play around with it a bit.

I've been watching other people play with these settings and combined with my own experiences, I am just not seeing an issue here.

I'm not trying to be a pain in the butt....but I don't have any secondary validation for what you're seeing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2020, 12:25 PM   #86
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Honest opinion, it sounds to me that you are either too comfortable with the pitch speed settings or too overwhelmed by them. Play around with it a bit.

I've been watching other people play with these settings and combined with my own experiences, I am just not seeing an issue here.

I'm not trying to be a pain in the butt....but I don't have any secondary validation for what you're seeing.
I will try to take some videos for reference maybe that will help. I may also bump the pitch speeds up to 8/7 and see if I am incredibly overmatched, those sliders could very well be the culprit. Thanks.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:13 PM   #87
Rookie

So, I am not a big The Show player due to the fact that I am PC mostly, but I used your sliders in Madden (non-sliders are still sliders) and figured I would give this a shot. Of course, I had to get used to the game in general being I haven't played a baseball game in years.

My timing was way quick early on so I set the pitching to 8/7 instead of 7/6, but everything else is spot on to your post. I am having a blast. Did a few tests and got the pitch speed right for myself and the game changed. Pitching feels organic and sim without the marker..batting feels the same and a great hit feels amazing when you get wood on it, and missing makes you feel like you're a dipstick. I need to become more patient, but that has nothing to do with sliders.

Last game was Baltimore (CPU) vs. Yanks (me). Had some great hits, but couldn't get offense going with Cole dominating most of the game. Bottom of the 9th with one out, score is 0-0, I come up in a big at bat with Sanchez and battled to a 2-2 count. Then I got his timing down, and cranked on FB he left hanging over the left field wall. It felt awesome.

Will be watching for any changes ya make, but honestly, unless a patch messes something up, don't see anything needed.

Last edited by halfbroke; 03-22-2020 at 07:14 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 03-22-2020, 11:17 PM   #88
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

So, as promised, I downloaded the Ridin roster tonight.

I ran a 15 year simulation where I controlled nothing. It honestly did really well, quite comparable to a normal SDS roster. The big difference this year is a slew more D potential players than in years past, which is what I've been preaching. lol.

There is a period around years 6-10 or so where teams are a bit inflated overall...by year 12-13 it begins to tone down as many current major leaguers get flushed out.

The only real "issue" I see is the SP stamina dropping a bit over time. But from my tests, even a 70 stamina pitcher can reach 5 innings on a regular basis and with the major league average start lasting 5.2 innings last year, I think it actually looks believable.

All that said, if you want a current year roster, I see no reason not to grab this one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »