Home

Old 02-17-2014, 08:38 PM   #33
Rookie

ChadNikk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffer26
lol I see your point, but I'm sure if it was extreme conditions(rain or snow) they could just have it to where it's either lightly raining or snowing. Not every baseball game is played under a sunny, cloudless sky.
Something like this? Ha! I was at this game last year at Coors Field. Coldest game in MLB history. The Rockies average a few snowouts a year, so if they ever implement rain outs, snow outs for rain outs in Denver.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:53 AM   #34
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

I only want weather when it can be implemented properly. I wouldn't want rain delays if it just begins raining and you get a message saying the game has been called. I'd want heavy rain, light rain, etc. Like others have mentioned, it affects the batter's eye. The balls shouldn't travel as far, they shouldn't roll as fast in the grass, players should run the bases more slowly. The throwing meter for throws should reflect that it's harder to throw accurately. Setting your feet for throws should give a massive advantage over off-balance throws.

If it's purely or mostly cosmetic then I'll pass. This is something they should take their time with and think through all the impacts weather has on the baseball game.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:33 AM   #35
Rookie

gwshark9's Arena

It may have been the old All Star Baseball series that did weather right. Before the game the announcers would say that there is a chance of rain throughout the game and the skies would be overcast. Then at some point it would start to rain. Sometimes you could finish the game and other times they would show the players run off the field for a delay. Then the game would either resume or be postponed and, just like real life, would become official if you were past the top half of the 5th inning. This happens in baseball, and frankly I'm a little surprised it isn't in the show after all these years.

Having played baseball my whole life in the Midwest, I can tell you that weather plays as much of a factor in a game as anything else. Throwing a baseball when it's 35 degrees is not as easy as you think...let alone trying to hit when it's raining and the water drops keeping falling off the brim of your helmet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2014, 11:49 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwshark9
It may have been the old All Star Baseball series that did weather right. Before the game the announcers would say that there is a chance of rain throughout the game and the skies would be overcast. Then at some point it would start to rain. Sometimes you could finish the game and other times they would show the players run off the field for a delay. Then the game would either resume or be postponed and, just like real life, would become official if you were past the top half of the 5th inning. This happens in baseball, and frankly I'm a little surprised it isn't in the show after all these years.

Having played baseball my whole life in the Midwest, I can tell you that weather plays as much of a factor in a game as anything else. Throwing a baseball when it's 35 degrees is not as easy as you think...let alone trying to hit when it's raining and the water drops keeping falling off the brim of your helmet.
I can relate kind of. Varsity ball senior year doing practices in March in the freezing cold, trying to throw it was tough and being jammed inside on the swing was a B**** on my hands. lol. And then in the rain, try hitting the ball looking though the rain, yeah.. good luck.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:51 AM   #37
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

The only thing I want for weather wise in the show is real time cloud coverage, I would like to see the clouds moving across the sky, casting shadows and having light break thru the clouds causing it to become dark and bright when the clouds past by the sun.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:20 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

pretending to be the best baseball game ever and you still have to play Toronto game at 30F in April, or rainy game in Milwaukee, Seattle, Milwaukee, even Miami ? a 110 degree game in Phoenix in July ??? common
Old 02-21-2014, 07:27 PM   #39
Rookie

While on the subject of baseball weather and such, game times should also be changed some.

No more simply Day/Night. There needs to be a 1:30, 4:15, 7:30, and 8:00 times.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:36 PM   #40
Banned

Rdrunner's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffer26
I've always wanted more of an overcast/foggy effect. Like this:
Cleveland only looks better than that in the dark.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »