Home

MLB 14 The Show Official Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Official Trade Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2014, 05:54 PM   #4001
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB 14 The Show Official Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHitKing22
Well I'm pretty unwilling to give up castro, baez, or bryant but I have some pretty strong B rated arms I'd include in the right deal. While cuddyer certain can fill the role of the middle of the lineup guy, I'd probably overpay just a bit for someone with more than a couple years left in the tank.

So if I were to package something like, samardzija, soler (22 yo B pot OF), almora (19 yo B pot OF), hendrinks (24 yo B pot SP), Corey black (22 yo B pot SP), and dillon maples (21 yo B pot Sp), would that be a fair deal for a top tier guy like CarGo or Stanton or should I set my sights a little lower and go after someone like Trumbo considering I don't want to give up my A pot guys?

Stanton would require High A, Low A, Low A, High B and Mid B. So no on that one.
Cargo would need Mid A, Low A, High B and Low B. No on that one.
Trumbo would be a Mid B and High C. You could definitely do that one though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2014, 06:03 PM   #4002
Banned

OVR: 0

P.S. I'd also co sider Volgelbach, Lake, and Villanueva as trade assets and they are all B specs as well.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:22 PM   #4003
Banned

One other deal I was possibly looking at was Cespedes from the A's. I think I may have to give up Castro from this one but as Cespedes is one of my favorite players id maybe do it. They already have an A pot SS prospect but he can also play 3rd and they could move Donaldson via trade when Russell is ready to get called up. I also feel however that a small ballpark like wrigley could be a waste of Yoenis' great range and arm strength especially since I'd have to give up way more to get him and Trumbo could theortically put up big number at Wrigley for a much softer asking price. What's the smarter way to go here?
Old 06-25-2014, 07:08 PM   #4004
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

New to the thread. I dont do 30 team control though

But I do have a Marlins franchise (with OSFM v2) in 2015 and just starting a Mariners franchise (OSFM v3 w/ pitch edits) today.

I'll be back with questions.

Oh! And I downloaded the excel spreadsheet. Thanks for that guys!

Last edited by jmaj315; 06-25-2014 at 07:11 PM.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:13 PM   #4005
Pro

bwoodring9's Arena

OVR: 6

Briefly mentioned this before, but I'm about a week away from finishing up the 2014 season and I'm looking to move Dom Brown in the offseason. He's currently hitting around .250 with 28 HR and 63 RBI. I'm hoping to resign him for a year and not long term so it will be easier to move him in the offseason. What kind of return do you guys think I can get for him? I want to try and establish some sort of trade now and see where it goes in the offseason. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2014, 08:25 PM   #4006
Rookie

This is a 2 part question, part 1 is for my semi-realistic Yanks franchise (semi because these things can never be 100% realistic).

Saw this back in the 100-115 range of this thread, would this still be fair (in June right now)

NYY get SP Lee (3-4 4.14 ERA) + a smaller piece throw in

PHI get C Sanchez (.288 11 HR 28 RBI) + SP Pineda (4-0 2.71 ERA) + CF Heathcott (.292 2 HR 16 RBI) + SP Manny (3-3 2.33 ERA) + SP Feliz (5-2 3.88 ERA) B pot pitcher 20 years old

Is this fine or am I underpaying, should I wait till July? Phi is 8 games out of the WC and 13 out of the East. I'm up by 3.5 of the division. Pitching has been solid but I'd like another Ace type pitcher for a playoff run later on.

Part 2 is a new one I want to start with an NL team, not realistic at all but 100% fair franchise:

I've decided to start one up with the Cubbies instead of with the Cards since they would still be pretty decent after trading a lot for Trout or Harper. I've also decided to go after one of them with the Cubs and try to build around them.

Would this be fair, again not going for realism but for fairness.

Trout + some minor pieces for Baez or Bryant (or both instead of Starlin, Bryant if Starlin is added) + Starlin + Samardzija + Almora + Edwards + Soler + Alcantara + Johnson + Ramirez or (Villanueva or Candelario but don't know if I should send another 3B. Hendricks or Vizcaino or Vogelbach or ??)

Saw this trade suggestion for the Cards back around 121-125 in this thread:

STL get Trout
Angels get Wacha, Taveras, Rosenthal/Martinez, Carpenter, Piscotty, Reyes

or Harper for something similar

Let me know if this is enough, I did a fantasy draft earlier but deleted it right away as roster stacking is more than easy. Also temptation got me Bryce/Trout/Machado/Boagerts/Tanaka/Stanton and more. I know this isn't a realistic trade at all but would want something fair instead of low-balling teams for these types of players.

Last edited by guayo10; 06-25-2014 at 08:27 PM.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:38 PM   #4007
Pro

bwoodring9's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by guayo10
This is a 2 part question, part 1 is for my semi-realistic Yanks franchise (semi because these things can never be 100% realistic).

Saw this back in the 100-115 range of this thread, would this still be fair (in June right now)

NYY get SP Lee (3-4 4.14 ERA) + a smaller piece throw in

PHI get C Sanchez (.288 11 HR 28 RBI) + SP Pineda (4-0 2.71 ERA) + CF Heathcott (.292 2 HR 16 RBI) + SP Manny (3-3 2.33 ERA) + SP Feliz (5-2 3.88 ERA) B pot pitcher 20 years old

Is this fine or am I underpaying, should I wait till July? Phi is 8 games out of the WC and 13 out of the East. I'm up by 3.5 of the division. Pitching has been solid but I'd like another Ace type pitcher for a playoff run later on.

Part 2 is a new one I want to start with an NL team, not realistic at all but 100% fair franchise:

I've decided to start one up with the Cubbies instead of with the Cards since they would still be pretty decent after trading a lot for Trout or Harper. I've also decided to go after one of them with the Cubs and try to build around them.

Would this be fair, again not going for realism but for fairness.

Trout + some minor pieces for Baez or Bryant (or both instead of Starlin, Bryant if Starlin is added) + Starlin + Samardzija + Alma + Edwards + Soler + Alcantara + Johnson + Ramirez or (Villanueva or Candelario but don't know if I should send another 3B. Hendricks or Vizcaino or Vogelbach or ??)

Saw this trade suggestion for the Cards back around 121-125 in this thread:

STL get Trout
Angels get Wacha, Taveras, Rosenthal/Martinez, Carpenter, Piscotty, Reyes

or Harper for something similar

Let me know if this is enough, I did a fantasy draft earlier but deleted it right away as roster stacking is more than easy. Also temptation got me Bryce/Trout/Machado/Boagerts/Tanaka/Stanton and more. I know this isn't a realistic trade at all but would want something fair instead of low-balling teams for these types of players.
Lee trade looks good to me. You may want to wait until July to make the trade though, since the Phillies might want to see how close they are after some more time before they deal Lee. Sanchez is a must for this trade, so it's good you have him included. Pineda is also a good addition for this trade, and since he's pitching well, based on the stats you provided, I think they'd want him in there too. Heathcott and Feliz are nice as well, but I'm not sure you'd have to add Manny to make the deal happen. Unless Lee lowers his ERA a little you might not have to give up Heathcott, but that's how I see it. For the smaller piece to throw in, I'd look for someone like John Mayberry Jr. He's a great option off the bench to face lefties and has some success as a platoon player. I'm not really sure about the Trout/Harper deal though. I'll leave that feedback for others to help you out with!
Old 06-25-2014, 08:47 PM   #4008
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoodring9
Lee trade looks good to me. You may want to wait until July to make the trade though, since the Phillies might want to see how close they are after some more time before they deal Lee. Sanchez is a must for this trade, so it's good you have him included. Pineda is also a good addition for this trade, and since he's pitching well, based on the stats you provided, I think they'd want him in there too. Heathcott and Feliz are nice as well, but I'm not sure you'd have to add Manny to make the deal happen. Unless Lee lowers his ERA a little you might not have to give up Heathcott, but that's how I see it. For the smaller piece to throw in, I'd look for someone like John Mayberry Jr. He's a great option off the bench to face lefties and has some success as a platoon player. I'm not really sure about the Trout/Harper deal though. I'll leave that feedback for others to help you out with!
Thanks man, yeah I'm having a hard time trading Pineda as he has been my best pitcher, alongside surprisingly Nova. Ha. Also getting Lee wouldn't make me any younger but eh Kuroda retires at the end of the year so I'd have Lee, CC and Tanaka for another year after this one. Someone like Lee would more than likely put my team over the top though: Lee, Tanaka, CC in the playoffs might be scary good.

Yeah trading for those guys is tough to gauge value as they would command the world. I benchmarked my offer proposal from that Cards one I saw back 200 pages or so. A 3rd option which might be more realistic would be Giancarlo, but I'd prefer Trout. Harper/Stanton is a coin toss in my books, at least in the game can't hit with Stanton unless it's a HR and can't hit HR with Harper.

Edit instead of Mayberry you think they'd trade Adams? He's 2-2 5.11, he has been their worst reliever thus far. Other pen people I would like since Thornton got injured and Kelly is having a dreadful spell with me are: Brad Lincoln 1-3 1.88, Jake Diekman 0-2 2.33. Would also like these guys but may have to add more Bastardo 0-1 3.11 and Papelbon 0-3 3.72 9 SV 5 BS

Last edited by guayo10; 06-25-2014 at 08:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »