Home

MLB 14 The Show PS4: Road to the Show Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show PS4: Road to the Show Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2015, 01:41 PM   #1025
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 14 The Show PS4: Road to the Show Thread

Question : How do you add additional pitches to your pitcher for RTTS ?? Thanks
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2015, 10:53 AM   #1026
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I'm in 2018 of my RTTS career and after winning 3 straight Gold Gloves at 2B I decided to change positions to hopefully help out my team. I'm on the Braves and we have a pretty good team winning two World Series in the past four seasons:

C: Gattis
1B: Freeman
2B: RTTS Player
SS: Simmons
3B: Todd Frazier
LF: Justin Upton
CF: Jason Heyward
RF: BJ Upton

Still have Medlen, Wood, Minor, and Kimbrel on the pitching staff as well.

Anyway, I decided to change positions to RF because BJ Upton stinks as much in this game as he does in real life because there's a pretty good young guy on my team that can jump in at 2B for me (Cesar Hernandez). Well, I didn't realize that outfield defense is pretty tough. Over the first 10 days in the outfield I committed about 6 errors and cost my team two wins because of it. I think I'm getting the hang of it now, but I wanted to make sure.

The biggest issue I have is over the shoulder catches running towards the wall. The only thing I can go by is the red/yellow/green indicator. My question is when the indicator turns green, should I stop running and let the game's animations take over to make the catch? When it is green does that mean you are definitely in the correct spot? A few times I would run until it is green but then still move a little even though it is green and the ball bounces off my head.

The other issue I have is when I am going to the side and all the indicator says is to go to the side so I follow that, but then at the last second I see the ball marker on the field in a position that I can't get to due to the path I've taken because of the red/yellow/green indicator. The ball gets by me a lot and rolls to the wall.

So, you outfielders, are you looking at the red/yellow/green indicator most of the time on hits, or do you scan the field for ball markers, or do you try to look in the sky and pick up the ball?

I think I'll stick it out at RF a little longer since it is a nice change of pace and that new 2B is batting over .300 while BJ was sitting at .200. My team has a 15 game lead at the end of June so we've got a cushion for me to learn the position better. Safe to say though, I won't be getting my fourth straight Gold Glove.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 03-18-2015, 11:03 AM   #1027
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
I'm in 2018 of my RTTS career and after winning 3 straight Gold Gloves at 2B I decided to change positions to hopefully help out my team. I'm on the Braves and we have a pretty good team winning two World Series in the past four seasons:

Anyway, I decided to change positions to RF because BJ Upton stinks as much in this game as he does in real life because there's a pretty good young guy on my team that can jump in at 2B for me (Cesar Hernandez). Well, I didn't realize that outfield defense is pretty tough. Over the first 10 days in the outfield I committed about 6 errors and cost my team two wins because of it. I think I'm getting the hang of it now, but I wanted to make sure.

The biggest issue I have is over the shoulder catches running towards the wall. The only thing I can go by is the red/yellow/green indicator. My question is when the indicator turns green, should I stop running and let the game's animations take over to make the catch? When it is green does that mean you are definitely in the correct spot? A few times I would run until it is green but then still move a little even though it is green and the ball bounces off my head.

The other issue I have is when I am going to the side and all the indicator says is to go to the side so I follow that, but then at the last second I see the ball marker on the field in a position that I can't get to due to the path I've taken because of the red/yellow/green indicator. The ball gets by me a lot and rolls to the wall.

So, you outfielders, are you looking at the red/yellow/green indicator most of the time on hits, or do you scan the field for ball markers, or do you try to look in the sky and pick up the ball?

I think I'll stick it out at RF a little longer since it is a nice change of pace and that new 2B is batting over .300 while BJ was sitting at .200. My team has a 15 game lead at the end of June so we've got a cushion for me to learn the position better. Safe to say though, I won't be getting my fourth straight Gold Glove.
It takes some time to get used to. I have a CF and I follow the ball off the bat first and then key into the indicator as best as I can. I have gotten much better at it as I get more practice.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:58 PM   #1028
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin

If you click in the right stick after the ball comes off the bat (and hold it down), it will switch to a view where you can see the ball indicator. That should make it a little easier

From my experience, corner spots are harder than centerfield, which shouldn't be the case, but I've found it's much easier to judge the ball off the bat in center and it makes it easier to take the correct route.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:36 PM   #1029
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels
If you click in the right stick after the ball comes off the bat (and hold it down), it will switch to a view where you can see the ball indicator. That should make it a little easier

From my experience, corner spots are harder than centerfield, which shouldn't be the case, but I've found it's much easier to judge the ball off the bat in center and it makes it easier to take the correct route.
I'll give that a try, thanks. I've gotten a lot better. The season has ended and my string of Gold Gloves ended now that I'm not at 2B. I've got a goal to work towards in right now though, but I really don't get many assist opportunities.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 03-26-2015, 12:38 AM   #1030
Rookie

hey guys, can someone pls tell me if in 14, i can Create a Team and put them in Franchise season. I want to create my 94 expos and put them in Franchise mode with their high ratings, etc. Can this be done? thanks..
Old 03-26-2015, 12:43 PM   #1031
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
Question : How do you add additional pitches to your pitcher for RTTS ?? Thanks
When you're in the training menu, just press Triangle. It's either triangle or square, but anyways then you can spend 300 points to add another pitch. You can also delete pitches.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »