Home

MLB 14 The Show Q & A (PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Q & A (PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2014, 10:57 AM   #25
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 14 The Show Q & A (PS4)

Is the Rosin bag always on the pitchers mound and does the pitcher pick it up and throw it down in real time? On the PS3 version the Rosin bag was not on the pitchers mound but they did have a cut scene showing the pitcher pick it up and throw it back down once in a while.

I am hoping it's now always showing on the pitchers mound and the pitcher pick it up and throws it down in real time instead of a cut scene.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2014, 10:58 AM   #26
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Can you check if the division standings on the green monster at Fenway Park now update in real time in season mode?
Old 04-30-2014, 10:59 AM   #27
No Official License

Inhocmark's Arena

OVR: 4

Bearing in mind that 1 game makes it tough to gauge how repetitive commentary gets, so far it has been different enough. It was an exhibition game so you're dealing with last year's statistics etc etc but the in game stuff was nice in context. None of this may be new (my primary mode was RTTS last year so I did not exhaust last year's commentary) but specifics that I recall:

-Getting criticized mightily for sliding into first on a lark
-Comments on the failure of my team’s strategy when my pinch hitter struck out swinging
-Discussion about my player’s inability to go 1st to 3rd on a hit and run that went to shallow centre
-Discussions about a Record for HRs by a 41 year old that Ibanez set last year
-Commentary on pitch count and the impact this can have on effectiveness and subsequently commenting on me leaving in a relief pitcher for a third inning even as he tired commenting that he had earned his chance to go at it for that inning based on performance.
-Context sensitive commentary about a pitcher leaving a 3-1 pitch up in Pujols wheel house and getting punished
-Discussion/compliment of a pitcher who got fed up nibbling for corners when ahead in a count and just blowing by a fast ball
-Commenting on the fact that Grinke is considered a strike out pitcher but had not been getting strike outs.

As always you kind of have to expect that as you play more games that you will find less and less new nuggets of commentary and it will all sound repetitive. But at least on the surface they appear to have done a decent job of getting context sensitive commentary spot on.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:01 AM   #28
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Does either of your guys PS4 get loud when playing? Mine does for certain games especially 2k. I know you can get a replacement from sony for a loud fan. But no way i am doing that less than a week away from the show.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:05 AM   #29
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhocmark
-Getting criticized mightily for sliding into first on a lark
-Comments on the failure of my team’s strategy when my pinch hitter struck out swinging
-Discussion about my player’s inability to go 1st to 3rd on a hit and run that went to shallow centre
-Discussions about a Record for HRs by a 41 year old that Ibanez set last year
-Commentary on pitch count and the impact this can have on effectiveness and subsequently commenting on me leaving in a relief pitcher for a third inning even as he tired commenting that he had earned his chance to go at it for that inning based on performance.
-Context sensitive commentary about a pitcher leaving a 3-1 pitch up in Pujols wheel house and getting punished
-Discussion/compliment of a pitcher who got fed up nibbling for corners when ahead in a count and just blowing by a fast ball
-Commenting on the fact that Grinke is considered a strike out pitcher but had not been getting strike outs.

As always you kind of have to expect that as you play more games that you will find less and less new nuggets of commentary and it will all sound repetitive. But at least on the surface they appear to have done a decent job of getting context sensitive commentary spot on.
Just the sort of thing i was asking about...thankyou, excellent observations.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:08 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

Have you seen any neat "little things" yet like birds or airplanes flying by?
Old 04-30-2014, 11:40 AM   #31
No Official License

Inhocmark's Arena

OVR: 4

Not in that capacity, although sliding into second the baserunner lost his helmet. Which was cool...

...Followed by it happening 2 or 3 more times in the game...so maybe a bit less cool?

And no funny loud noises from my PS4.

Last edited by Inhocmark; 04-30-2014 at 11:42 AM. Reason: I hear noises....?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2014, 11:41 AM   #32
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

When either of you posts pics, can you take one of a fake player? I basically want to see if the default heads look more human lol

Oh and one more thing - does Safeco have the green LED ribbon boards or are they still black?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »