Home

This game feels so scripted at times

This is a discussion on This game feels so scripted at times within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 02:47 PM   #9
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: This game feels so scripted at times

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amaizen Blue
Quick counts also seem to reflect this. First 6 innings, generally consist of 1-1 counts with the occasional full count or 2-2.

All of a sudden 3-0s and 3-1s constantly popping up no matter what pitcher is in the game.
and there it is I called it, just turn QC off
Old 05-14-2014, 02:54 PM   #10
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number999
Curious, are you leaving your starter in after he's getting tired? I've found that's when the CPU most jumps me. If that's the case bring in a reliever to clean up.
The CPU jumps on me the second I bring a reliever in... Quick counts constantly gives me 3-0 or 3-1 counts. The CPU either crushes anything near the zone, or they walk. Both are a lose-lose late in a game.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:59 PM   #11
Pro

Bull_Market's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchuskey
I wish I had a nickel for every time somebody said a sports video game was scripted...
You'd need 100 Brinks trucks to hold those nickels.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2014, 03:04 PM   #12
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3

While it is a nice little feature, quick counts will never give you full control of your games. I would never use it unless I just want a quick practice game. I play HOF and haven't seen this issue at all. I've played about 10 games so far and have blown out the cpu, got blown out by the cpu, and had a couple one run games where I walked off. Really enjoying the variety.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:24 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 0

The "QC must be the problem" just isn't the case for me. I haven't played a game without QC enabled, and I see a range of counts, both when I'm pitching and hitting.

I am definitely not seeing only 3-0 or 3-1 when I'm pitching, and I'm 30 games into the season and have had maybe 8 or 10 nailbiters.

I have zero issues with it at all. Pitching is the difficulty below all-star, and I'm batting on All-star. I really don't think I could imagine QC working BETTER than it is. At least, in my case.

Edit: Oh, and I wish it was possible to bring in a pinch hitter BEFORE the QC. I play on broadcast presentation with QC, and if I suddenly decide I want to bring in someone off the bench to bat, that player will have the same count, because it comes up so fast.

Last edited by FoBs2007; 05-14-2014 at 03:26 PM. Reason: More info
Old 05-14-2014, 03:24 PM   #14
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Sports games aren't scripted. Period.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 05-14-2014, 03:35 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Some things get rather annoying though. CPU gets a base hit with a runner on, and I pre-load my throw to stop him from advancing, but instead my OF decides to take something like 3 crow hops to finally throw a looper to the cut-off man.

Another time, CPU gets a base hit with a runner at 2nd. CPU makes a rare terrible send, my RF guns it to the catcher and has the runner beat by 30 feet, but my catcher decides it wasn't worth his time to hold onto the ball.

It just seems like if the CPU wants a couple of runs, it's going to get them. Granted, this doesn't happen often, but there's a difference between the CPU getting good swings on my pitcher and the CPU giving me a 3 error inning so it can push across a few runs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2014, 03:39 PM   #16
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7

I appreciate the help/advice I've gotten. I'll try a good handful or more games without QC and see if I get more realistic results.

From some of the more sarcastic remarks, I quickly remembered why I don't post as often as I used to.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »