Home

Specific players you CANNOT hit with?

This is a discussion on Specific players you CANNOT hit with? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2014, 07:56 PM   #17
Rookie

moth to a flame's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Specific players you CANNOT hit with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
I can not hit with Pedro Alvarez. It is the last day of May and he is batting .223 13 hr and a ton of k's. Driving me nuts. I have been patient at the plate... waiting for pitches. It is driving me nuts.
.235 is his career average, so you're not doing too bad. You're definitely keeping the HRs up.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:17 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Wellington Castillo, last week in may he's hitting .049 (5 for 101 i think) with 60+ Ks. Ill admit I strike out a lot as my team as a whole leads the league but damn. I tried using John Baker but he's not much better hitting right at .100. Finally think I have an improvement after trading for Austin Hedges, 4 for 7 in his first two games.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:54 PM   #19
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

I am now under the impression that Altuve just sucks in the game. He never hits above .250 for me. Played 4 season with the Astros going back to 13.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:15 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Melky:

GP: 33
AB: 136
Avg: .191
Slg%: .265
OBP: .224
OPS:.488
HR:2
I got both homeruns on dynamic difficulty when I first started playing. The crazy thing is last year I couldn't hit lefties with him at all. This year I'm hitting .269 against lefties and only .143 against righties. The frustrating thing is he smokes the ball right at someone for an out, or hits weak fly balls in the air. I try to be patient and get a pitch right down the middle but he just pops it up.... At least I'm not alone!!
Old 06-18-2014, 10:27 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiBandwagoner
I had the same problem. Bonifacio was awful for me, I had to end up trading him.

Strangely enough, in June I have Ruggiano batting .341. He's killing it.
I'm not sure if it's because I'm using the O.S.F.M. OD v2.0 -25 roster, but Ruggiano's stats versus lefties are awesome. I originally used him against lefties because of that, but then on rest days when I put him in he started clobbering righties so I just benched Bonifacio completely. Now, though, Ruggiano is struggling against lefties (hitting around .200) and his righty average has dipped ot about .250 so I'm thinking of just starting him versus lefties and give Bonifacio another chance against righties.

In Franchise when does the AI typically update their trading block and start making moves? I've put Bonifacio on my trading block, amongst a couple others, hoping to get some offers from the AI soon. I'm wondering if I should keep waiting or if I should just start shooting blind offers to teams to see what they say.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2014, 11:08 PM   #22
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

As early as May.....
The block gets large rather quickly...then you'll see some offers between teams mostly due to DL/injury issues.
Soon after is when teams start their strategy(team strategy....salary dumps...etc) moves.
I've seen that as early as June. Should be July IMO...but it does ramp up in July for sure.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 06-19-2014, 01:15 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by decga
Ouch!! my man. What did you do with him? Play or bench him? I have some doozies too. Freeman .185 and J. Upton .145 thru 19 games...
I'm giving him a few more games and then I may option him to Triple-A. He isn't killing the team by any means as we have a winning record, but we obviously would be in much better shape if he was producing more consistently. Last game I played he had 2 hits including an RBI double, so I want just a few more games to see if the slump may finally be over. If not, it's off to Triple-A.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:15 PM   #24
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinals57
I can't hit worth a crap with Matt Adams. Through 89 games he has a .198 batting average with around 23 RBI's. Somehow I've hit 10 home runs with home though.

On a side note: In past years of the Show I have NEVER been able to hit with Matt Holliday. I've always sucked with him. But somehow this year he is my best player! He currently has the Triple Crown with .345, 21 home runs and 72 RBI's! It's crazy how one year you can't use them, and then the next you dominate using them!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I've never been able to hit with Holliday either, and that is the same this year, he's in the .230's for me in July. However, Adams has been really good for me, he's in the .280-.290 range for me and 4th in the NL in homers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »