Home

Enough With The Suicide Squeezes

This is a discussion on Enough With The Suicide Squeezes within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2014, 05:01 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Enough With The Suicide Squeezes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Yeah cause Dominic Brown is really swinging the bat well in real life right now (probably isn't hitting in MLB the Show either). Nick Markakis has a .356 OBP (career .360) in real life right now. He obviously is an on base guy. 7 Homer runs halfway through the season doesn't really make you a power hitter. I'd say the squeeze situation with Markakis fits the bill.
I agree he's not a power hitter - but a guy with a very solid OBP, I don't know if having him try a squeeze is a good idea unless he's really good at it (maybe he is, I can't say I know or even know how to find out).

He's listed as having just 4 SH in his career, all in the first two years of his career. I know that doesn't count squeezes, but it seems like bunting with Markakis isn't something his managers asked of him, probably because of that OBP (and earlier in his career, he was a good bet for a double as well).
Old 07-01-2014, 05:05 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I have literally not seen a single squeeze attempt in about 150ish games played.
Kinda wish I had your game!

I wonder why there's such a wild difference between not at all and a lot that we're seeing?
Old 07-01-2014, 05:16 PM   #19
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I agree he's not a power hitter - but a guy with a very solid OBP, I don't know if having him try a squeeze is a good idea unless he's really good at it (maybe he is, I can't say I know or even know how to find out).

He's listed as having just 4 SH in his career, all in the first two years of his career. I know that doesn't count squeezes, but it seems like bunting with Markakis isn't something his managers asked of him, probably because of that OBP (and earlier in his career, he was a good bet for a double as well).
He's also played his entire career in the AL. AL teams just very rarely bunt at all, much less squeeze. I feel bad for those experiencing a high number of bunts/squeezes, and lucky that I'm not having any issue in mine.

Watch me play video games
Old 07-01-2014, 05:22 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I haven't seen a squeeze by the cpu yet. I've played at least 50 games. No issues with bunting either.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:37 PM   #21
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

I haven't seen many squeezes, and when I have, it's been late in game or extra innings even, and always a very close or tied game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2014, 07:48 PM   #22
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
He's also played his entire career in the AL. AL teams just very rarely bunt at all, much less squeeze. I feel bad for those experiencing a high number of bunts/squeezes, and lucky that I'm not having any issue in mine.
I haven't had that many myself but obviously some people are having an issue (and I've seen more than a truly realistic amount). I read the other day that bunts are at an all time low in today's game (the real thing, not the Show). Sabermetrics have all but killed the sac bunt for everyone except for pitchers, suicide squeezes are high risk and have the potential of derailing a possible big inning and players in general just don't like to drag bunt anymore because according to the odds of it working they feel they're giving away an out most of the time.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:25 PM   #23
Rookie

moth to a flame's Arena

OVR: 1

I like to play with auto baserunning, and one time the CPU decided to make me do a suicide squeeze. The problem was that a) I had the bases loaded with no outs! b)with Torii Hunter on 3rd and c) I didn't know about it. I took the pitch and all of a sudden I see Torii's stupid self get tagged out at home by the catcher waiting for him.

Sometimes I just don't understand the logic of the game when it comes to bunting. I have given up way too many bunts to the CPU for hits and these squeeze opportunities just seem ill-timed and far too frequent.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:33 PM   #24
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by moth to a flame
I like to play with auto baserunning, and one time the CPU decided to make me do a suicide squeeze. The problem was that a) I had the bases loaded with no outs! b)with Torii Hunter on 3rd and c) I didn't know about it. I took the pitch and all of a sudden I see Torii's stupid self get tagged out at home by the catcher waiting for him.

Sometimes I just don't understand the logic of the game when it comes to bunting. I have given up way too many bunts to the CPU for hits and these squeeze opportunities just seem ill-timed and far too frequent.
This is ********, they should be no way that should happen, auto baserunning or not. Even with auto baserunning it should be set up so the user has to push a button or something to initiate the squeeze.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »