Home

MLB 15 The Show Player Rating Predictions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Player Rating Predictions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2015, 03:06 AM   #33
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 15 The Show Player Rating Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburgh24
This is absolutely terrible. Let's start with the starting pitchers, everything is good but AJ will be higher, and cumpton won't make roster, that final spot is for Worley or Locke if Morton is not healthy, but if he is he will be the five starter. Now, the batting order, Walker certainly be a 78 after a season where he hit 20 plus homers and jhay with only an 81? He was second for NL batting title, literally played every position, played great defense, and hit for a little bit of power, also, cervelli is a good defensive catcher, and he hit 302 last year, it was only 50 games but he usually hits in the 270s which is good for a catcher, he will be high 70s. Also, bullpen is way off, Watson just went to the allstar game and had an era in the low 1's. Also, melancon is a bit higher, and laframboise won't be on the team. Holdzkom had a fantastic year and pitched well in his short time with the Bucs, he will be high 70s, also we picked up bastardo, and he and is a very good reliever and that wouldn't be 7th position, he'd be an 7th inning man, his overall would be in the 80s. Also , the bench is bad too. Corey hart didn't have a good yr last yr but from 2010-2013 he hit 26,27. And 31 homers in those years. He will be higher. Also, kang has great raw power and will be higher, and Stewart hit a quiet 280 last year and is good defensively, so he will be in 70s. Bad overall.

AJ Burnett was only an 81 last year after he had a 3.30 ERA in 2013. He had had a 4.59 ERA last year. Compare that to last year Jeremy Guthrie was a 73 with a 4.03 ERA in 2013.

Harrison did hit .315. But his defense wasnt as good as you seem to think. Only a 1.4 dWAR. Compare that to a Josh Donaldson who hit .301 with 24 HR and 93 RBI to go along with a 1.7 dWAR in 2013 and was rated 82 in 14.

Holdzkom has 9 appearances in MLB to go along with his 4.54 career ERA in the minors. He will not be high 70's.

Corey Hart is 2+ years removed now from being a good player. Missed all of 2013 and was garbage last year. Higher than 72 probably. But not much higher.

Melancon at 84 is about right. 1.90 ERA with 33 saves 71 K's. Compared to 2013 Greg Holland with a 1.21 ERA. 47 saves and 103 K's that was 87.

Maybe the worst one. Bastardo. Was only a 78 last year after putting up a 2.32 ERA in 2013. He jumped to 3.94 last year. You really expect him to jump into the 80's?

Edit - So wait. You're arguing about his guesses and then saying what someone will be even though he has their actual ratings in parentheses?

Last edited by HozAndMoose; 02-22-2015 at 03:46 AM.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:50 AM   #34
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburgher86
If Andrew McCutchen isn't 99, which we know isn't the case. Trout and Kershaw shouldn't be either. Cutch is just as good as both. Puig shouldn't even be in the conversation.
McCutchen is no doubt the Pirates heart, soul & MVP but, while I know WAR isn't the be-all end-all stat

(no single stat is) it's as good a number as any to start and:
McCutchen vs Trout WAR
2012 7 < 10.8
2013 7.9 < 8.9
2014 6.4 < 7.9

McCutchen vs Trout Batting Average
2012-14 .320 > .311

McCutchen vs Trout Homeruns
2012-14 77 < 93

McCutchen vs Trout Stolen Bases
2012-14 65 < 98

McCutchen vs Trout OPS
2012-14 .939 < .963

McCutchen vs Trout Defensive Errors
2012-14 13 < 9

McCutchen vs Trout Defensive Chances
2012-14 1017 < 1098

Plus Trout, age-wise, has so much more upside, Trout 23 McCutchen 28
Trout no doubt a 99, 2014 MVP & 2-time MVP runner up in 3 full years.
McCutchen 93-96 range 2013 MVP & 2-time MVP 3rd place finish in six full years.

But I wouldn't lose sleep if I had McCutchen instead of Trout, we're basically comparing red apples to green apples
Old 02-22-2015, 07:02 AM   #35
Rookie

pittsburgher86's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
lmao

/looks at avatar

makes sense
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2054
Ahh I'm a die hard pirates fan as well but I can see trout as a 99 and Cutch as more a 96-97.
Kershaw I think deserves a 98-99 but it's all apples and oranges really those three are all part of the very elite group of guys in baseball.
So you're laughing your *** off because I'm a Pirates fan and saying McCutchen is on an even level as Mike Trout. Yeah, just cause I'm Pirates fan doesn't mean my opinion is biased, but whatever. Fact is SCEA will underrate McCutchen's speed because he doesn't steal bases enough, even though he is one of the fastest players in the game (rated 74 speed last year, probably the same again). Watch him in the outfield or run the bases on a double or triple and you'll see how fast he is. They'll also say he isn't a great fielder because of issues out his control (IE the Pirates philosophy in fielding, also an issue for our 2B Neil Walker). When it comes down to it, take your pick McCutchen and Trout are the two best all around players in the game and should probably have the end rating, though I do understand overall doesn't real mean anything. And if anyone saw MLB Network's show Top 10 Center Fielders in baseball, McCutchen was ranked number one and Trout two. I can go on about Cutch but I'm sure I'll still be accused of being biased because I'm a Pirates fan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2015, 07:09 AM   #36
Rookie

pittsburgher86's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
McCutchen is no doubt the Pirates heart, soul & MVP but, while I know WAR isn't the be-all end-all stat

(no single stat is) it's as good a number as any to start and:
McCutchen vs Trout WAR
2012 7 < 10.8
2013 7.9 < 8.9
2014 6.4 < 7.9

McCutchen vs Trout Batting Average
2012-14 .320 > .311

McCutchen vs Trout Homeruns
2012-14 77 < 93

McCutchen vs Trout Stolen Bases
2012-14 65 < 98

McCutchen vs Trout OPS
2012-14 .939 < .963

McCutchen vs Trout Defensive Errors
2012-14 13 < 9

McCutchen vs Trout Defensive Chances
2012-14 1017 < 1098

Plus Trout, age-wise, has so much more upside, Trout 23 McCutchen 28
Trout no doubt a 99, 2014 MVP & 2-time MVP runner up in 3 full years.
McCutchen 93-96 range 2013 MVP & 2-time MVP 3rd place finish in six full years.

But I wouldn't lose sleep if I had McCutchen instead of Trout, we're basically comparing red apples to green apples
McCutchen has a higher OBP and strikes out far less. Comparing MVP doesn't even make sense because MVP is completely subjective. Again not arguing to say McCutchen is better, just saying they're the two best in the game and should be rated the same.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:30 AM   #37
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburgher86
Comparing MVP doesn't even make sense because MVP is completely subjective.
lol
Andrew McCutchen has 3 top five finishes in MVP voting, which no one contends isn't subjective. Neil Walker has none. And we can't learn anything from that piece of the picture? We can't learn everything from it, but we can get a better understanding, especially when looking at every known specific, even those that are subjective. Anyway, the Show favors power numbers over contact numbers so that's going to slant the ratings toward Trout. I personally want as few 99's as possible. 1 or 2 at most.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:54 AM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
But you can agree that Cutch is superior to Puig, right?
Ya I agree with that
Old 02-22-2015, 10:02 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 1

I think too much is made of the post season, and I don't believe it should supersede what they do in the regular season.

I remember after the Cardinals won the world series and Freese had a great post season, they gave him a 99 for Clutch. So what happened to his great clutch hitting after that post season?
Old 02-22-2015, 11:21 AM   #40
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
I think too much is made of the post season, and I don't believe it should supersede what they do in the regular season.

I remember after the Cardinals won the world series and Freese had a great post season, they gave him a 99 for Clutch. So what happened to his great clutch hitting after that post season?
Maybe they should have improvements to players once you make the playoffs. Not sure if that would be possible or if it has to stay the same for both regular and post season play.

But to say to much is made of the post season isn't right as this is when everything is on the line and players are performing at their highest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »