Home

New The show payer already dissapointed im wrong?

This is a discussion on New The show payer already dissapointed im wrong? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2015, 12:00 PM   #81
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: New The show payer already dissapointed im wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
I'm the same way. I don't mind the whacked out trades. It's my own little universe. Who am I to decide who gets traded and where?

Although I do understand people that don't like it and want some control over it.
Yeah, I'm kind of on the fence with this one myself. I usually reject all trades until the All-Star game gets close and then I'll look at the teams involved to see if it makes sense as far as records and playoff pushes are concerned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2015, 12:08 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCub
Strange, I always though the most important part of the game was what happens between the foul lines, not contracts and budgets.

Sure, the game, any game, has a few hiccups but if 2k was able to satisfy your baseball cravings I have no doubt you'll be happy with The Show. It's more than eye candy, it's simply the best, most realistic representation, of video baseball ever made.
You are correct, 2k was able to satisfy my baseball passion I know this will be a huge leap, Anyway I still fell the stats, Contracts and budgets are the most important things, at the end of the the you play for that results, im more in the General Manager mentality.

I already made my decision thank you guys for all the effort and time responding this!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2015, 02:28 PM   #83
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
I'd love to see them go with a two man team of Matty V and Harold Reynolds. Any of the mainstays from MLB Network would be good with me.
I think Plesac would be great!

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 02-28-2015, 02:31 PM   #84
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldaderyan
You are correct, 2k was able to satisfy my baseball passion I know this will be a huge leap, Anyway I still fell the stats, Contracts and budgets are the most important things, at the end of the the you play for that results, im more in the General Manager mentality.

I already made my decision thank you guys for all the effort and time responding this!!!!!!!!!
Glad to hear it! You won't be sorry! Just remember, have patience at the plate or this game will eat you alive! This is not a get in the box and hack at everything type of game.

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 02-28-2015, 03:25 PM   #85
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
I'd love to see them go with a two man team of Matty V and Harold Reynolds. Any of the mainstays from MLB Network would be good with me.
Harold Reynolds? HAROLD REYNOLDS?? HAROLD REYNOLDS?? Are we talkin' 'bout Harold Reynolds?

I thought we wanted to improve the commentary? Harold Reynolds is one of the worst baseball commentators of all time. Sure, bring over someone from MLB Network, but please god not Harold Reynolds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2015, 03:34 PM   #86
Pro

OVR: 24

Don't worry OP, I'm disappointed that you're wrong, as well.
Old 02-28-2015, 05:53 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldaderyan
Hello guys, ive always been a 2k guy because I had 360, NOW im getting a ps4 mainly for The Show 15.
But im starting to doubt about getting the game, a have never played a single inning in the show, but im worried about the fact that the game seems almost unchanged since 08 or something, for me the game is just a eye candy nothing more, the game lacks immersion with the lack of stats or franchise depth, fake contracts, messed up budgets, wierd retirings, they just add superficial stuff, forgetting the most important part of the game, the stats, milestones, injuries, contracts, budgets...

Plz guys tell me if im wrong, maybe you can change my mind!
I know that you've said that you have made up your mind to make this purchase but I just wanted to chime in. This game is far from perfect but no sports game comes close to recreating its respective sport in my opinion. The support of the devs and this community in particular make this game something extremely special.
Old 03-01-2015, 04:48 PM   #88
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Like I can't even understand the OP's complaint. He complains about stats, authenticity, milestones, etc., when MLB The Show has this perfect over any other sports game to date including NBA 2k series.

And me having played every The Show year, THIS year I have been blown away with just how many changes there are compared to even last year's game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »