Home

New The show payer already dissapointed im wrong?

This is a discussion on New The show payer already dissapointed im wrong? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2015, 05:27 PM   #25
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: New The show payer already dissapointed im wrong?

You haven't played the Show yet you're not getting the game because of the issues you listed. Seems to me that you're not getting the game based on feedback from people that have played the game. And now you want those same people, that have played the game to convince you to buy?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2015, 05:45 PM   #26
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerophone
What did they take out that you are missing? The only thing i can think of is SOTS, and that is a PS4 issue nothing they can do about it... curious what else you're missing, I'm new to the show since '14 so I don't know what else there used to be
There used to be batter walkups, and a bit more presentation between pitches, I expected them to build on that especially for next gen but since 2012 or so they've now gotten to the point it's completely eliminated in 14'. Disappointing for me, MLB 10 & 11 are the last games with that fully in but in 14' they really signaled that style of play was over for whatever reason.

In 14' there was a patch 1 or 2 months in, that ended up removing chalk degradation from the game. Since I choose to stick with 14' I'll also have to deal with that.

But now the most grievous of all changes for me has been made clear over the last couple of weeks in Analog Batting being completely removed from the game. Instead now analog users will just have to flick up on the right stick for all swings, the equivalent of bunting in the last 3 years.It's been another significant issue, that's severely disappointing soaking all of my fun out of the game. I switched to analog batting for the challenge, it made every at bat unique whereas before the game started to feel repetitive until I gave analog hitting a try.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:45 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

WOW im impressed with the quantity and quality of the answers, I dont understand why some ppl were agressive or tiple facepalmed me, anyway I changed my mind, im definitely getting The Show 15.

Thanks A lot, still sad about the statistics being overlooked I could spend hours scrolling team and personal stats.

But I know This will be a good decision, Again Thanks!!

Last edited by soldaderyan; 02-25-2015 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:47 PM   #28
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldaderyan
Hello guys, ive always been a 2k guy because I had 360, NOW im getting a ps4 mainly for The Show 15.
But im starting to doubt about getting the game, a have never played a single inning in the show, but im worried about the fact that the game seems almost unchanged since 08 or something, for me the game is just a eye candy nothing more, the game lacks immersion with the lack of stats or franchise depth, fake contracts, messed up budgets, wierd retirings, they just add superficial stuff, forgetting the most important part of the game, the stats, milestones, injuries, contracts, budgets...

Plz guys tell me if im wrong, maybe you can change my mind!
confused

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 02-25-2015, 06:52 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
confused
look ppl we have a funny guy
Old 02-25-2015, 07:31 PM   #30
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
WOW im impressed with the quantity and quality of the answers, I dont understand why some ppl were agressive or tiple facepalmed me, anyway I changed my mind, im definitely getting The Show 15.

Thanks A lot, still sad about the statistics being overlooked I could spend hours scrolling team and personal stats.

He has made up his mind! Guess this can be locked up, before it turns into a pissing contest.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-25-2015, 07:59 PM   #31
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
He has made up his mind! Guess this can be locked up, before it turns into a pissing contest.
4383091_std.jpg
Sorry, once it's starts you can't just stop in the middle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2015, 08:12 PM   #32
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

If you are new to The Show then you're most likely new to posting and /or reading threads here. Unfortunately many posters here will get aggressive with anyone who questions this game or any aspect of it. I buy the game every year but rarely come here to read posts, let alone post anything as I became irritated long ago with several of the posters here and their downgrading of anyone that has issues with the game. Not everyone here is like that but there are more here than in any other thread in OS, IMO.

Having said that, I do recommend the game and as stated, I buy it every year. It is not without issues that I won't get into here due to stated reasons but I do believe you'll enjoy it especially if you haven't played it before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »