Home

New The show payer already dissapointed im wrong?

This is a discussion on New The show payer already dissapointed im wrong? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2015, 11:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
New The show payer already dissapointed im wrong?

Hello guys, ive always been a 2k guy because I had 360, NOW im getting a ps4 mainly for The Show 15.
But im starting to doubt about getting the game, a have never played a single inning in the show, but im worried about the fact that the game seems almost unchanged since 08 or something, for me the game is just a eye candy nothing more, the game lacks immersion with the lack of stats or franchise depth, fake contracts, messed up budgets, wierd retirings, they just add superficial stuff, forgetting the most important part of the game, the stats, milestones, injuries, contracts, budgets...

Plz guys tell me if im wrong, maybe you can change my mind!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2015, 11:08 AM   #2
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: New The show payer already dissapointed im wrong?

You can't ask us to change your mind. You need to make the informed decision based on what you are seeing if it is worthy of a purchase.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:12 AM   #3
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

I just....well.....no
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Triple_facepalm.jpg (79.5 KB, 760 views)

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:39 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldaderyan
Hello guys, ive always been a 2k guy because I had 360, NOW im getting a ps4 mainly for The Show 15.
But im starting to doubt about getting the game, a have never played a single inning in the show, but im worried about the fact that the game seems almost unchanged since 08 or something, for me the game is just a eye candy nothing more, the game lacks immersion with the lack of stats or franchise depth, fake contracts, messed up budgets, wierd retirings, they just add superficial stuff, forgetting the most important part of the game, the stats, milestones, injuries, contracts, budgets...

Well, what you said about stats is definitely true, at least to me it is. The thing is, what baseball game could you play this year?

I say buy the PS4 and The Show 15 and play console baseball, the best console baseball game around. It isn't perfect, but much better than the alternatives.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:01 PM   #5
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1

You said you haven't played a single inning so I would start with at least giving the game a try. Plenty has changed from 08 till now and if there is something that hasn't you probably wouldn't notice because you never played the other ones. I used to play 2K and got a Playstation specifically for The Show...best gaming decision I ever made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2015, 12:03 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

" Hello guys, ive always been a 2k guy because I had 360, NOW im getting a ps4 mainly for The Show 15."

IMHO: you really have nothing to worry about. You could get the ps4 mainly for The Show 14 and still come out on top. Your feeling that The Show has not changed since '08 is rather irrelevant in your case because how would you measure what has changed having never played one inning of the series.

Basically, words/pictures/livestreams don't do this game justice...they just provide great insight. There's something special about the game when you play it. The series has captured the essence of baseball many years ago. I mean, come now...the top of my list for this year was to remove the blue circle from the player with the ball...what? the game is that good.

edit: oh yeah, and the OS roster and slider masters...you're bound to find something to fit your style.

Last edited by brrmikey; 02-25-2015 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:11 PM   #7
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0

MLB: The Show is the most fun baseball game to play without a doubt. If you want a more in depth simulation with all the stats you would ever care to see then maybe Out Of The Park would be a better choice. Personally, I have both of them pre-ordered this year.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:40 PM   #8
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldaderyan

You say about SCEA "they just add superficial stuff, forgetting the most important part of the game" and yet not once in your post did you mention anything game play related, which is what I would personally label as "most important" in any sports game.

Now, that's not meant to minimize the importance of presentation or to say that there won't certainly be things you will miss from 2K on the presentation front. So, if that really is the most important stuff to you (as it seems), then maybe you should hold off until such things become a priority (if they ever do) because, yes, presentational depth is a weak point in this series overall.

All that said, while I have no interest in swaying your purchase decision for 15, I would challenge you to play 08, and then play 14 if you can get them cheap enough and then come back a bit more informed about what's actually been done in that span of time, because you're completely wrong in your assessment about the series' overall progress (and why one would think it's even reasonable to post such an assessment without even playing one inning is beyond me, but that's a different discussion).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »