Home

Framerate?

This is a discussion on Framerate? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2015, 03:43 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Framerate?

Yep, still a bit of drag sometimes. Don't get me wrong, The Show is probably my favorite sports game ever, but I did expect a bit more of a graphical leap this year. The lighting is beautiful, but the player models and animations, are, for the most part, still hanging around from the PS2 era.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 03:47 PM   #26
Rookie

Unfortunately I've found the framrate issues to be quite noticeable. It is pretty much in all the cutscenes and can't be ignored. It is not awful but it is definitely a problem and detracts from the game. In gameplay it isn't really very noticeable but I don't think it is running at 60fps even then. This feels like somewhat of a backward step as I've been playing MLB 13 on the PS3 up until present, having skipped MLB 14. MLB 15 was one of the main reasons I bought a PS4 and whilst the graphical fidelity is obviously improved overall, the framerate drops make it feel like it is a less polished game than MLB 13 and not as pleasant an experience to play.

The game as a whole is impressive and well designed but the framerate issues feel like a major minus point to me. It has dampened my enthusiasm for this game quite alot. I feel like a locked, smooth framerate is more important than flags blowing in the breeze, realistic sun position and the crowd catching fly balls. I'm not sure they have got their priorities right for this one.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:52 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mets7766
Yep, still a bit of drag sometimes. Don't get me wrong, The Show is probably my favorite sports game ever, but I did expect a bit more of a graphical leap this year. The lighting is beautiful, but the player models and animations, are, for the most part, still hanging around from the PS2 era.
Agreed on the character models and animations. It really doesn't feel like a huge leap forward to me from MLB 13. This game does not feel as next-gen as I was hoping.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:23 PM   #28
Banned

I'm hoping that, as I get deeper into the game, I will see more difference between this year and last. Maybe it was a mistake to play 14 up until yesterday.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:28 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Sadly I agree that the game does not hit a locked 60 during gameplay which is a shame. I would honestly take some slightly toned down graphics if it meant the game was a locked 60 at all times.
I have no knowledge regarding game development, so this is an honest question and not sarcasm: does this mean that, basically, SCEA has already maxed out the PS4?
Old 03-31-2015, 04:31 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mets7766
This is the biggest pile of BS i've ever heard...revisionist histiry at it's best.... The animations in the show are among the best in the industry, and are a far cry from the ps2 era, I notice an improvement from 14 just after 1 game.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:32 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryz0283
Agreed on the character models and animations. It really doesn't feel like a huge leap forward to me from MLB 13. This game does not feel as next-gen as I was hoping.
You need your eyes checked. The lighting alone is a huge improvement as are the animations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 04:32 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryz0283
Unfortunately I've found the framrate issues to be quite noticeable. It is pretty much in all the cutscenes and can't be ignored. It is not awful but it is definitely a problem and detracts from the game. In gameplay it isn't really very noticeable but I don't think it is running at 60fps even then. This feels like somewhat of a backward step as I've been playing MLB 13 on the PS3 up until present, having skipped MLB 14. MLB 15 was one of the main reasons I bought a PS4 and whilst the graphical fidelity is obviously improved overall, the framerate drops make it feel like it is a less polished game than MLB 13 and not as pleasant an experience to play.

The game as a whole is impressive and well designed but the framerate issues feel like a major minus point to me. It has dampened my enthusiasm for this game quite alot. I feel like a locked, smooth framerate is more important than flags blowing in the breeze, realistic sun position and the crowd catching fly balls. I'm not sure they have got their priorities right for this one.
Plays smooth for me, no frame issues, maybe your PS4 is dying? Many others also have not had FPS issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »