Home

highlights

This is a discussion on highlights within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2015, 06:32 AM   #25
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: highlights

Shame its gone but hope it comes back with some improvements,sound effects instead of music played in the background and would like the highlights presented how they are shown in the replays during the game.Also a lot of time's replays would be cut short on longer plays.

It's something i don't think has improved much in sport's game's over the years,when consoles got HDD i thought they would have limitless room to save/store more/longer replays but it doesn't seem like any developers use the HDD in this way.It's also why i always thought, dreaming in the end i guess, we would get daily/weekly highlight type shows in our sports franchise's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2015, 09:26 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 8

I'm not going to lie, I never used the highlight reel. I liked when it would automatically play, but I haven't used it since you had to select it manually. I occasionally use the replay vault if I want to see a long homer or something.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:42 AM   #27

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
I'm not going to lie, I never used the highlight reel. I liked when it would automatically play, but I haven't used it since you had to select it manually. I occasionally use the replay vault if I want to see a long homer or something.

This will be the first year it hasn't automatically played.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:53 AM   #28
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Nice rant ... no ... post, bcruise, especially about the numbers taken out of context being possibly very misleading. That's always something that anyone who deals with data needs to keep in mind.

Although I do like the highlight reel feature and often used it in my first couple years of The Show, I haven't been using it too much the last couple years only because I've pretty much exhausted all the patterns that I could see in the feature already. (Playing the game almost every day for a few years, it is bound to happen quickly.) And the logic to choose what goes into highlight hasn't really changed much over the last few years.

Being an occasional CD attendee, I should probably have brought the point to the devs at the time, given that I also felt a bit disappointed when I couldn't find the option. (The same thing actually goes with Pure Analog change.) I feel sorry for not being able to do my part in that regard, if I could actually have been one who also represented your voice.

However, I hope we turn this omission into something positive, as in how a potentially revamped highlight reel feature can be re-introduced in future.

(Or if this was actually a mistake... could this simply be patched...?)
I did actually mention it in my CD exit notes. As well as some wishlist improvements for next year. I was assuming it was just deactivated at the time, and not an intentional omission. I agree, I probably haven't viewed them much over the past few years either.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 03-30-2015, 12:37 PM   #29
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I think game recap is where the game log and box score are this year...

You are correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2015, 01:06 PM   #30
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Am I the only one in this thread that remembers how the game would crash on a considerable basis during the highlight reel in 11-13?

Perhaps it's just an OCD streak in me but since losing several full games during the highlights, I X through them. Always. Without question.

It just wasn't worth the possible ramifications.

I do feel bad for people that had good luck with them and liked them. But the highlights just weren't varied enough and offered (to me, at least) no additional feeling of a sense of accomplishment.

The idea is good in theory but I personally didn't feel like it was ever executed very well.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:10 PM   #31
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I can't say I watched the highlight reel every time but it was a cool feature. I'm just shocked that it was removed when people are requesting more postgame presentation. Now there isn't any except the player of the game I assume.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators

Last edited by aukevin; 03-30-2015 at 02:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2015, 01:11 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
This will be the first year it hasn't automatically played.
It didnt autoplay in 2014. Not for me anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »