Home

Anyone else playing with the commentary off?

This is a discussion on Anyone else playing with the commentary off? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2015, 11:05 AM   #73
Rookie

charlieh78's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone else playing with the commentary off?

I've yet to hear ANYTHING NEW from those 3 in the booth this year... Give us a little something new at least.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:48 AM   #74
Banned

I wouldn't mind changing up the Commentary team. Although I am not keen on it happening. Those of you who play NHL, you know why. The commentary in that game is brutal. It's basically recycled lines over and over.

The problem with the commentary is it lacks depth. There is no friendly bantering (Oxymoron?) between commenters and the game doesn't have enough lines/phrases.

If I'd have to choose new commentators I'd like to see Buck and Pat as commentators, but that's highly unlikely. I wouldn't mind seeing Michael Kay or Vin Scully.
Old 04-05-2015, 12:57 PM   #75
Pro

OVR: 7

Most of the new stuff they added are in franchise mode and it sounded pretty good in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2015, 01:04 PM   #76
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicalGnome
Why waste all those resources on commentary though? Why not make the ambiance of the game better with the sound crew? I could not care less that people want to hear some guy repeating the same stories throughout the year in a LITTLE bit better way. It means nothing to me.

The sound crew should be trying to simulate a real ball game, yeah, that ballgame where NO ONE HEARS THE COMMENTARY. Commentary is for people watching at home on TV and means nothing to real simulation fans.

It really disturbs me that so many fans of the simulation genre in sports want to keep making the game look like a broadcast, AKA NOT A SIMULATION but a simulation of a simulation lol, when the reality is these sports games exists and will exist in the future to take into the real game to be a participant.

I don't mind good commentary. But it clearly is no easy feat and its annoying with how many problems this game has that something so ridiculously over criticized is the main selling point of a game. If this is the main selling point for you then well.... you aren't a real baseball fan. Period.

I hear this all the time: 2K is the bar. THE BAR MAN. Is that why it repeats the same stories all the time? Why does anyone even care about this. I swear, it's like people want this game to be some kind of computerized version of real life with androids of the actual crew that simulate millions and millions of situations and never repeat themselves. Instead, they have injected themselves into the code in real time. it's like people want a friggin' talking simulator around here!

Now that we are done with commentary how about we improve the real game sounds a little bit more? Coding commentary is actually very hard and very time consuming. There is no set amount of money that would make me even want that job. Literally just snipping and pasting bits of commentary endlessly so it makes some sense to everything happening in game. Dear god I'd hang myself. And hardly ever anyone around here appreciates it anyway.
So you would just take commentary completely out of every game huh?
Old 04-05-2015, 06:50 PM   #77
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
So you would just take commentary completely out of every game huh?

The day they do that is the day I stop getting this or any sports game. Sports games with out commentary = very very boring game to play.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:13 PM   #78
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
The day they do that is the day I stop getting this or any sports game. Sports games with out commentary = very very boring game to play.
completely agree .
Old 04-05-2015, 08:37 PM   #79
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysfan17
I wouldn't mind changing up the Commentary team. Although I am not keen on it happening. Those of you who play NHL, you know why. The commentary in that game is brutal. It's basically recycled lines over and over.

The problem with the commentary is it lacks depth. There is no friendly bantering (Oxymoron?) between commenters and the game doesn't have enough lines/phrases.

If I'd have to choose new commentators I'd like to see Buck and Pat as commentators, but that's highly unlikely. I wouldn't mind seeing Michael Kay or Vin Scully.
Give the NHL series another year to improve. This was their 1st year doing it with EA, commentary should improve and hopefully Doc gets more excited with his trademark "scores!" and more banter between each other and lines etc.

The show's commentary hasn't changed really since the PS2 games and is in desperate need for another team...Matt is just stale at this point...i could be wrong, but I don't know any other game that has had a commentary team THIS long over so many games
Old 04-05-2015, 09:20 PM   #80
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
completely agree .

Glad to see I am not the only one to fell this way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »