Home

Learning your lesson...go and play!

This is a discussion on Learning your lesson...go and play! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2015, 10:38 AM   #25
Rookie

SupremeYankee's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Learning your lesson...go and play!

I imported my season from 14 and once i get my sliders right I'm going in. I cant seem to get them where i want them but i also wont be waiting around this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 10:40 AM   #26
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
In a perfect world there would not need to be the need for OSFM rosters as the full Major League all the way down the Class A ball rosters would be available from day one that the game is released. But we don’t live in a perfect world and I understand why people like their OSFM rosters. However as a “Season” mode player I only have access to the various 40-man rosters anyway, so there is no need for me to wait for the OSFM rosters to drop as the 2015 rosters from SCEA are plenty good for how I play the game. My 2015 season has already begun and there is no turning back. I still have 4 more Spring Training games to play this week, and my Opening Day in the game will mirror the real world Opening Day on Monday.
Yes i agree with that, as i have said, this is NOT a "Dont wait for OSFM" thread, far from it, they are an incredible piece of work.

Its more to say, "if you dont need to wait i.e. are probably only going to play a season anyway, then why wait?"

If im a 10/20/30 years into the future Show player then yes, im waiting, rightfully so, but if you arent, and have other things in your life pulling on your time too, i see no reason to waste probably another month of time not even playing the game you paid good money for.

Please, nobody interpret this thread as a knock on OSFM, its anything but
Old 04-01-2015, 10:41 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
I actually play Franchise mode, but really, maybe i should just do Season mode, im thinking theres no reason why not?
In 2014, I played my "Season Mode" MLB The Show games with injuries turned on and 30-team user control. It never actually was an issue, but there was one point in the season where one or two teams had a lot of injuries and were pretty thin in certain positions on the 40-man rosters. In that case a Franchise would have come in handy. But what I did for these teams in my "Season" was I released the players who were out for the year when they had serious injuries and signed Free Agents to fill the 40-man rosters. So "Season" mode has it's flaws. But it's also easier to handle if all you really care about is wins and loses and who makes the playoffs for a given year. 162 x 15 is an awful lot of games for me to think about running more than one Franchise year in a real world calendar year.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:42 AM   #28
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Been taking this approach for a while now. Finally got over the "slider disease" a few years ago.,

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 04-01-2015, 10:49 AM   #29
Rookie

jaydaddy03's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsfan2222
I thought about starting a franchise without the OSFM rosters since I really don't want to wait, but with year to year saves I can finally get deeper into franchise. I usually can get through about 2 seasons a year, and if I can carry that forward to next year I don't want to do it with fake players. I'd rather wait a month now and have better rosters next year.
Probably going this route. I do have a franchise from 2014 but for some reason players faces aren't showing correctly. For example, I have Butler on the A's but he has a generic face when using my franchise. I'll just play online until rosters come out
Old 04-01-2015, 10:51 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
I actually play Franchise mode, but really, maybe i should just do Season mode, im thinking theres no reason why not?
I always go Season mode. It's multiple seasons as well, you just only have to worry about your 40-man instead of full minors.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:56 AM   #31
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1

Man I think this post is just what I needed. I was super excited to play the game but have been playing exhibition games left and right and have been feeling a bit of emptiness. Exhibition is cool but it's not the same without player fatigue and having to sit certain players, or stat tracking. I was also going to wait for OSFM but now I may just wait for the first roster update and start up my Giants franchise.

Plus I could always download the OSFM and use that as a model to edit any minor leaguer I may want to bring up to the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 10:57 AM   #32
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Great thread and post, PB!

Dynamic Difficulty has really enabled me to do just this, pick the game up and play. It's nice not having to worry about messing with sliders (there may be a tweak or two I make after playing for a week) and just letting the game put me in a slot based on how I'm playing. With the DD slider, it'll be easier to lock-in to a level and then once I'm there, I can drop the slider so the difficulty swings aren't as severe as last year.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »