Home

MLB 15 Franchise Progress Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 15 Franchise Progress Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Football Simulator Hands-On Preview
World of Chel Tips and Tricks: How to Be a Good Teammate
Sunday Rivals Review - Great Mix of Sim and Arcade
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2015, 02:21 PM   #1
Moderator
 
Marino's Arena
 
OVR: 55
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Wake County, NC
Posts: 18,140
Blog Entries: 10
MLB 15 Franchise Progress Thread

Let's use this thread to discuss how our franchises are going. Or to discuss any possible things you will be doing for your franchise.
Marino is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 01:22 AM   #2
MVP
 
HozAndMoose's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Kansas City
Re: MLB 15 Franchise Progress Thread

Gonna go ahead and start a fantasy draft Franchise until OSFM comes out. Ill let the CPU pick every playuer in the draft and then sim the first year completely and pick one of the 3 or 4 worst teams to take over. Also gonna try out a little generator i made for suspending players for PED use. Since the first ones in 05 there has been at least 1 every year. Right now i have it to where there will be at least one and no more than 3 every year. 48% chance for 1, 36 % for 2 and 16% for 3. Here is a pic of how it works.


In that case its two players so i take the top two of the 3 teams. Its player 20 for the Marlins so i open up the Manage Roster screen and go down the list of players sorted by OVR until i get to #20. Whoever that is i give an injury to. Ill follow the real life policy so if they have never been suspended before it will be 80 games. If it happens to be their 2nd its 162. And then lifetime ban for any 3rd offense. Ill apply the injury on whatever day the generator has.
HozAndMoose is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:53 AM   #3
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2013
Re: MLB 15 Franchise Progress Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Gonna go ahead and start a fantasy draft Franchise until OSFM comes out. Ill let the CPU pick every playuer in the draft and then sim the first year completely and pick one of the 3 or 4 worst teams to take over. Also gonna try out a little generator i made for suspending players for PED use. Since the first ones in 05 there has been at least 1 every year. Right now i have it to where there will be at least one and no more than 3 every year. 48% chance for 1, 36 % for 2 and 16% for 3. Here is a pic of how it works.


In that case its two players so i take the top two of the 3 teams. Its player 20 for the Marlins so i open up the Manage Roster screen and go down the list of players sorted by OVR until i get to #20. Whoever that is i give an injury to. Ill follow the real life policy so if they have never been suspended before it will be 80 games. If it happens to be their 2nd its 162. And then lifetime ban for any 3rd offense. Ill apply the injury on whatever day the generator has.
very nice i think ill start using this idea
DarionC14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:35 AM   #4
MVP
 
HozAndMoose's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Kansas City
Re: MLB 15 Franchise Progress Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarionC14
very nice i think ill start using this idea
Here is my excel file if you dont feel like making your own. You can press F9 to generate a new list. https://www.dropbox.com/s/tf409ibwx2...0PED.xlsx?dl=0

2015 Sim Results


Standings

Spoiler


Award Winners
Spoiler


League Leaders
Spoiler


Post Season


Spoiler


Spoiler


Notable Retires
Spoiler

Last edited by HozAndMoose; 04-02-2015 at 04:39 AM.
HozAndMoose is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 05:03 AM   #5
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Lompoc, CA
Re: MLB 15 Franchise Progress Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Here is my excel file if you dont feel like making your own. You can press F9 to generate a new list. https://www.dropbox.com/s/tf409ibwx2...0PED.xlsx?dl=0

2015 Sim Results


Standings

Spoiler


Award Winners
Spoiler


League Leaders
Spoiler


Post Season


Spoiler


Spoiler


Notable Retires
Spoiler
it says the Rays are 63-69....hmmm 30 games less then everyone else huh?
TattooedEvil is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 06:19 AM   #6
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2014
Re: MLB 15 Franchise Progress Thread

Forgot how to play in the one day between MLB 14 and 15, haha. My fantasy Cubs franchise is 2-5 to start the year and the Rockies just beat me 9-0 even though I lowered the pitching difficulty to veteran and the hitting to all-star. I usually play on all-star/hall of fame.

Yikes.
Spokker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 05:07 PM   #7
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2012
Re: MLB 15 Franchise Progress Thread

Does anyone know how to turn off gm expectations? I'm continuing my full league control franchise from 14 and don't want guys being fired. I can't see where to turn it off.
LuckyHandsINC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:23 PM   #8
Welcome back baseball
 
countryboy's Arena
 
OVR: 62
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Greenville, IN
Posts: 48,927
Blog Entries: 1
Re: MLB 15 Franchise Progress Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyHandsINC
Does anyone know how to turn off gm expectations? I'm continuing my full league control franchise from 14 and don't want guys being fired. I can't see where to turn it off.
you can't turn it off if you are using the Y2Y transfer
__________________
I can't shave with my eyes closed. Meaning each day, I have to look at myself in the mirror and respect who I see.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
countryboy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:41 PM.

Top -