Home

Anyone else noticing CPU cheese?

This is a discussion on Anyone else noticing CPU cheese? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 09:13 PM   #25
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Anyone else noticing CPU cheese?

I don't believe there is a "Comeback code" **** I just came back on the Rangers last night I hit a 2 run HR in the top of the 9th to take the lead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 09:18 PM   #26
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

A couple of things:

For those that are seeing this "cpu cheese", how many games have you played? Reason I ask is that I've now played about 30 games (26 Spring Training and 4 in regular season) and I honestly haven't seen any inkling of cpu cheese. I've had games that I won handily, loss handily, came back and won, gave up the lead and lost, games where I made a run but fell short, and got on shaky ground but steadied the ship good enough to get a victory. If you've only played a handful of games, I encourage you to play a solid amount of games and see what happens in all those games. I am not sure that 30 is really a good barometer, but it is at least more than a handful or a few.

If after playing a solid amount of games, you still feel as though you are seeing cpu cheese, then please record what you are seeing. Maybe its a bug of some sort that is being triggered by something. If you could video record your final inning or two and then submit it here and let the devs take a look and maybe they can pinpoint what is happening. And please record live gameplay, no replays, due to the fact they can see what is happening in "real time".

The devs have said repeatedly that there is no such code in the game and a vast majority of the members of the forum aren't seeing it, so instead of "venting" what happened, please record it so that it holds more merit than one's "opinion".

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-02-2015, 09:30 PM   #27
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

A mod should just merge the threads from 14,13,12 etc.. into 1 and bring it back every year like the "Warning Thread".

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 04-02-2015, 09:34 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 9

I think the reason it can feel like this is that often when you miss your location, your pitch will go right down the middle. Then if the CPU crushes that pitch, it could feel like cheese. I personally don't notice a lot of cheese or am worried about it, but I see where people are coming from. Basically, whenever a game becomes challenging or frustrating, you can claim cheese is somehow there.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:47 PM   #29
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

I just lost a game where I was up 7-4 in the 8th and Andrew Miller was pitching as my set-up pitcher. Andrew Miller has been money for me for the better part of May but somehow in this inning he manages to get the bases loaded.

2 outs. Bases loaded. I'm 0-2 in the count.

My catcher tells me to throw a curveball outside of the zone. But the curveball is my lowest confidence pitch. I step off the mound asking the catcher to give me something else.

Nope. He asks for the exact same pitch....Curveball out of the zone. OK FINE.

I throw the curve but I missed my spot and it ended up straight over the plate and boom. Grand slam.

I ended up losing the game.

I didn't think this was cheese. I F'd up and missed my pitch which was a low confidence pitch and it ended up getting crushed for 410 ft.

I don't want to say "That's baseball." ....but ....you know...that's baseball.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 04-02-2015 at 09:50 PM.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:53 PM   #30
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I just lost a game where I was up 7-4 in the 8th and Andrew Miller was pitching as my set-up pitcher. Andrew Miller has been money for me for the better part of May but somehow in this inning he manages to get the bases loaded.

2 outs. Bases loaded. I'm 0-2 in the count.

My catcher tells me to throw a curveball outside of the zone. But the curveball is my lowest confidence pitch. I step off the mound asking the catcher to give me something else.

Nope. He asks for the exact same pitch....Curveball out of the zone. OK FINE.

I throw the curve but I missed my spot and it ended up straight over the plate and boom. Grand slam.

I ended up losing the game.

I didn't think this was cheese. I F'd up and missed my pitch which was a low confidence pitch and it ended up getting crushed for 410 ft.

I don't want to say "That's baseball." ....but ....you know...that's baseball.
Wish the catchers were fixed with the calls they make
Old 04-02-2015, 09:58 PM   #31
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Wish the catchers were fixed with the calls they make
Well it was surprising cause most of the time they make good calls but I have no idea why he wanted me to throw a low conf pitch with the game on the line.

But all in all it was my fault and I messed up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 10:16 PM   #32
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

OVR: 0

Just so everyone understands...

I'm by no means grabbing my pitchfork. I actually welcome the difficulty. Is it annoying sometimes? Yeah. But it's not a HUGE deal by any means. I'm ok; I'll live.

I was just seeing if anyone else is having as drastic issues as I am. I'll evaluate my game, make some changes, and do my best to avoid these events.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »