Home

Pat Venditte

This is a discussion on Pat Venditte within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2015, 10:50 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Pat Venditte

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyStroke3
Actually Vendittie has to indicate which hand he'll be throwing with before each at bat, and can only switch sides during an at bat if he is injured, in which case he is not allowed to throw with the injured arm for the remainder of the game. When he faces a switch hitter, he established which arm he'll throw with then the hitter chooses from which side to bat

There have been two switch pitchers before Venditte, one in the 1800's and Harris in '95, who only three one inning. Venditte already doubled that in his debut last night
Both he and the batter can switch sides once during the at bat I think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2015, 10:56 PM   #26

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairplayleagues
I have gave it some thought and a way to have it for this year anyways thats want to have him pitch form both sides.

You can create him as a lefty first, then clone him and change him to a righty and have 2 of him and bring whatever one you want into the game to face whoever, but the downfall is it takes up an extra roster spot.
That kind defeats the purpose of him being able to switch hands though.

If he is due to face a lefty, righty and then another lefty I could only use him to face the first lefty and wouldn't be able to go back to him once I bring in the right handed version of him.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:10 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 3

The original rule from when Vendittie first pitched in the minors allowed for one switch per AB, but now the pitcher can only change throwing arms during an at bat if he injures the designated throwing arm for that AB
Old 06-07-2015, 12:14 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyStroke3
The original rule from when Vendittie first pitched in the minors allowed for one switch per AB, but now the pitcher can only change throwing arms during an at bat if he injures the designated throwing arm for that AB
No it's not...I watched his debut. The rule reads that: The pitcher must visually indicate to the umpire, batter and runner(s) which way he will begin pitching to the batter. Engaging the rubber with the glove on a particular hand is considered a definitive commitment to which arm he will throw with. The batter will then choose which side of the plate he will bat from.
• The pitcher must throw one pitch to the batter before any "switch" by either player is allowed.
After one pitch is thrown, the pitcher and batter may each change positions one time per at-bat. For example, if the pitcher changes from right-handed to left-handed and the batter then changes batter's boxes, each player must remain that way for the duration of that at-bat (unless the offensive team substitutes a pinch hitter, and then each player may again "switch" one time).
• Any switch (by either the pitcher or the batter) must be clearly indicated to the umpire.
• There will be no warm-up pitches during the change of arms.
• If an injury occurs the pitcher may change arms but not use that arm again during the remainder of the game.

As the bold states he or the batter are allowed to change sides once per AB.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:52 AM   #29
Rookie

jkjgiants26's Arena

OVR: 2

They may wait a year or so to see if he ends up actually sticking in the majors. No point in implementing into the game and then never see him in the majors again after this season. Not to mention the bugs that will probably take some time figure out such as when a switch hitter comes up.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:09 PM   #30
Rookie

Beat LA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Didn't the Red Sox used to have a reliever who said he could throw either way? Even had a glove that he could wear on either hand.

Don't think he ever did it in a game, though. Greg Harris I think it was.
He's not a pitcher, but another guy that can throw hard with either hand is Pablo Sandoval. He's a natural born lefty, but he wanted to play the left side of the infield, and taught himself to throw right handed. That's why he sucks batting from the right side.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »