Home

What are some 'little things' you would like to see in The Show/

This is a discussion on What are some 'little things' you would like to see in The Show/ within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2015, 10:42 AM   #1
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2
What are some 'little things' you would like to see in The Show?

Those small things we all appreciate in the game which show attention to detail... For example a fielder swiping the ball while it is in foul territory so it doesn't roll back fair are some of my favorite things. Here are a few things I'd love to see:

- Foul balls that hit off the batters foot or hit the catcher/umpire. I don't keep count but I definitely see this happen every game in real life. I'd say at least 3-4 times a game. I think it's common enough that it would be cool to see it in The Show, along with an animation of the batter 'walking it off' after being hit if he doesn't have a leg guard on.

- Batters thinking a close pitch on a 3 ball count is ball four and prematurely run to first base. You see this happen fairly often in real life. Would be a nice animation to see every once in awhile on those especially close to the black 3 ball strikes.

Last edited by BrianU; 06-23-2015 at 01:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2015, 10:50 AM   #2
Atlanta Black Sox

xNobleEaglex's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: What are some 'little things' you would like to see in The Show/

I'm not sure I've seen either of those things in 15 yet (played 6 games in my Braves franchise), but I know I've seen them in previous iterations of the Show. You are at least right though in saying they should happen at a higher frequency than they appear now.

PSN: xNobleEaglex
Old 06-23-2015, 10:52 AM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Those small things we all appreciate in the game which show attention to detail... For example a fielder swiping the ball while it is in foul territory so it doesn't roll back fair are some of my favorite things. Here are a few things I'd love to see:

- Foul balls that hit off the batters foot or hit the catcher/umpire. I don't keep count but I definitely see this happen every game in real life. I'd say at least 3-4 times a game. I think it's common enough that it would be cool to see it in The Show, along with an animation of the batter 'walking it off' after being hit if he doesn't have a leg guard on.

- Batters thinking a close pitch on a 3 ball count is ball four and prematurely run to first base. You see this happen fairly often in real life. Would be a nice animation to see every once in awhile on those especially close to the black 3 ball strikes.
Both of these are already in the game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-23-2015, 11:20 AM   #4
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I want to see in tight games in the late innings...panning camera shots of the dugout's, players spitting seeds, managers with intense looks etc. We are getting some of that with the new split screen shot's of the hitter/pitcher dual and occasionally dugout shots of the manager.

But I want dynamic shots in post season play where every pitch is a nail biting moment in a one run game etc.

I happen to think the presentation is very strong. But it can only keep evolving to an even higher level of realism on this new console.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 06-23-2015, 12:06 PM   #5
Rookie

Caucasianator's Arena

OVR: 0

Button down style jersey's for players would be sweet. Players taking off their batting gear, while talking to the first base coach once reaching first would be another small, but great addition. Some very rare crazy plays would be awesome too. Like someone grounding the baseball, and it getting stuck in their glove or something. Just small ingenious things that'll make you pop on here and go "Did anyone else see this? Pretty sweet."

Smarter pitchers, swear I have games where I hit the pitcher and the baseball bounces off him like two, or three, times a game. Show some dodging animations or something. Also, when a fielder makes an incredible play show a smiling animation or something. Just some little things.
and currently stuck in Michigan, QQ.

Last edited by Caucasianator; 06-23-2015 at 12:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2015, 12:21 PM   #6
MVP

BrianU's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Both of these are already in the game.
I've seriously never seen either one, but I am on PS3 maybe that's why. Do foul balls hit off batters or just hit the ump/catcher? Like the other guy said it's important to occur at a realistic rate too.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:24 PM   #7
MVP

BrianU's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I want to see in tight games in the late innings...panning camera shots of the dugout's, players spitting seeds, managers with intense looks etc. We are getting some of that with the new split screen shot's of the hitter/pitcher dual and occasionally dugout shots of the manager.

But I want dynamic shots in post season play where every pitch is a nail biting moment in a one run game etc.

I happen to think the presentation is very strong. But it can only keep evolving to an even higher level of realism on this new console.
Good ideas. To add what about different walk-off celebrations under the right circumstances. At the end of the season while in contention a nice pie to the face. Maybe give some players a playfulness trait, like if Justin Turner is on a team that meets the criteria of having a walk-off in a big game, or a team goes on an extended streak and gets a walk-off, show him pieing the hero!

It's all about the next-gen pie physics. Gotta push the PS4 to its limits.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:08 PM   #8
MVP

BrianU's Arena

I don't see the CPU do this, maybe I don't pay enough attention or maybe it happens on PS4 and not PS3 but what about runners tagging up faking like they are taking off for 3rd base to try and draw a throw.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »