Home

Thoughts for MLB 16 the Show (offline)

This is a discussion on Thoughts for MLB 16 the Show (offline) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2015, 06:51 PM   #33

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Thoughts for MLB 16 the Show (offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDanzaFan
Lol. Of course he's going to say that. I'm just baffled that a baseball game has more memory taken up than an open world game with tons of things to do, ala gta. I'm not saying they're lying,I just find it odd. And btw,I posted that before I saw his post.

See the post two posts up, you're talking two different types of memory.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:04 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
See the post two posts up, you're talking two different types of memory.
No. He had the right type of memory in mind. I was the one that was thinking wrong. I'm thinking storage memory, he's thinking computing.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2015, 07:12 PM   #35
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDanzaFan
Lol. Of course he's going to say that. I'm just baffled that a baseball game has more memory taken up than an open world game with tons of things to do, ala gta. I'm not saying they're lying,I just find it odd. And btw,I posted that before I saw his post.
You say of course he's going to say that and then you're not saying he's lying....

Let me ask you this, who is more likely to know why memory is an issue, a developer of the game or a non-developer of the game?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2015, 08:07 PM   #36
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
You say of course he's going to say that and then you're not saying he's lying....

Let me ask you this, who is more likely to know why memory is an issue, a developer of the game or a non-developer of the game?
Well.............here at OS it's the non-developer that knows more. Everyone knows that.......

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 08-05-2015 at 08:11 PM.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:21 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Well.............here at OS it's the non-developer that knows more. Everyone knows that.......
Here at OS...... Everyone obviously knows snark too. You all know that this is a forum right? Where the whole point is for people to come together and voice their thoughts. If people want to ask why something we believe should have been in the game for years isnt... they have the right. Me myself, I could care less about jersey slots or if you can wear team jerseys during the allstar game. But to every question being raised saying it's memory is a little crazy. "We can't give you a preview of a team's uniform in edit a player because of memory." It seems a bit off. It really does.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2015, 11:12 PM   #38
Rookie

Hoosierdaddy76's Arena

Player animations on PS4 have remained virtually unchanged since the game was launched nearly ten years ago on PS3. Sure there's a lot less aliasing and greater detail, but the animations themselves are still an eyesore.

Also, the gameplay seems to get less fluid and more wonky every year. Somehow the first Show was the best in terms of gameplay and it's only digressed every year. Again too much emphasis on the trees and not enough on the forest that you're encountering 95% of the time you're playing.

A start from scratch would go a long way to make me feel as though I'm not just paying for roster updates once a year. My guess is that previous gen limitations are causing/allowing SCEA to postpone any major overhaul to the game, which is a shame because it really needs it.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:16 AM   #39
Rookie

cbrown119's Arena

OVR: 2

Changing the subject from the memory debate above....

I'd like to see a variation to The Show Live.

I like the fact that this mode has the latest lineup's and rosters daily for whichever date is chosen. What I would like to add to this feature is a way to save my progress. So in other words, this mode mirrors real events except for the outcome of the game. And my progress throughout the season is saved. Maybe I could do better than the real team...

It's like season mode "lite" - without having to deal with trades, roster moves, and all the rest of the more complicated aspects. It's just playing the actual game and that the real GM's/managers have done all of the management moves for me.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:04 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 3

Couple things that I think will be nice to add to the game.

- It'll be nice to have as many options as possible to control our franchise similar to NBA 2ks franchise

- Bring back some of the old features like player marketing, travel arrangements, promote games (bobble head night, etc)

- The attendance number was also something I enjoyed during the start of the games

- The newspaper article with info on the previous game was something I also enjoyed

- Player Morale is something I would also like to see in the game. Players demanding trades

- Different camera angles for no doubt home runs

- Changing the sound effects of the game. ( I was watching the Yankee game and the sound of the bat hitting the ball sounded nothing like it does in the show)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »