Home

Fielding Camera's

This is a discussion on Fielding Camera's within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2015, 09:19 AM   #9
Pro

Stolm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fielding Camera's

I'd like to see that distracting arrow when outfielding in RTTS become optional instead of always on.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:14 AM   #10
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolm
I'd like to see that distracting arrow when outfielding in RTTS become optional instead of always on.
On this note I would like the old camera back. I know you can press R3 to see it but why not just have it as a choice to leave on permanently.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:34 AM   #11
Rookie

ajsas's Arena

I would love if the camera could automatically go to the appropriate fielder, a la RTTS, no matter what mode you are in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2015, 01:25 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I'm not sure how to describe it, but what I'd like to see is a camera that allows you to tell when you're manual fielding if you must jump or dive with an infielder to make a play on the ball.

It's easy to tell with the OF when you have to do that, as you have more time than you do in the IF, but the sole reason I use auto fielding now instead of manual fielding is that I lose outs on quick infield shots that the CPU knows to jump or dive for but I can't see well/fast enough to make a similar determination.

Manual fielding was fun for the first time in a long time this year, with this exception.

IDK if a brief slow-mo sequence off the bat is appropriate, or if a different angle from the default one would make these plays a tad easier to make.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:48 PM   #13
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I'm not sure how to describe it, but what I'd like to see is a camera that allows you to tell when you're manual fielding if you must jump or dive with an infielder to make a play on the ball.

It's easy to tell with the OF when you have to do that, as you have more time than you do in the IF, but the sole reason I use auto fielding now instead of manual fielding is that I lose outs on quick infield shots that the CPU knows to jump or dive for but I can't see well/fast enough to make a similar determination.

Manual fielding was fun for the first time in a long time this year, with this exception.

IDK if a brief slow-mo sequence off the bat is appropriate, or if a different angle from the default one would make these plays a tad easier to make.
I second this. Especially at 1st and 3rd base, you kind of are at the mercy of whatever animation kicks in, and it is indeed hard to jump or dive to make a play.

So maybe not so much a new fielding camera, but some sort of addition to the existing cameras that can help the user determine if a jumping or diving attempt may be useful. I would say for infielders on ground balls, usually when I dive I dive over the ball and it rolls right under me, but I was not going to get it by NOT diving either. So something to help with the timing maybe? I dunno...
Old 08-20-2015, 07:24 PM   #14
Rookie

I'd like to see a new/improved broadcast fielding camera as there is one major realism-breaking issue with the current version.

The current broadcast camera jumps between three "locations": behind home plate for hits up the middle of the field, way to the left of home for hits to the right side, and way to the right of home for balls hit to the left side. There should be just one camera location used regardless of where the ball is hit.

The behind the plate location already in the game is great and matches pretty close with what MLB teams use, I don't see why the two side cameras basically looking straight down the foul lines are necessary, and they are not angles used in a broadcast. It doesn't sound like much, but I think using only the behind the plate camera view would be a much better representation of what is seen on a tv broadcast when the ball is hit.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:52 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I like Medium the best, but maybe zoomed in a tad more. Something in between the current Medium and Dynamic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2015, 10:09 PM   #16
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13

Stadium upper deck camera would be pretty cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »