Home

Fielding Camera's

This is a discussion on Fielding Camera's within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2015, 02:14 PM   #25
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Fielding Camera's

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick diesel
Some visuals to go with my prior post regarding the broadcast fielding camera. This is kind of nitpicking, but for a game that is so realistic this has been a pet peeve of mine.

This is the current broadcast fielding camera for balls hit up the middle of the field, which is realistically placed directly behind home plate:

Nothing wrong with that at all!
However, for balls hit to the left or right side of the field (LF in this case), the angle is to the side of home looking down the foul lines, an angle which isn't seen in a real tv broadcast (except maybe for a replay):

In order to better represent a real tv broadcast, the behind the plate angle should be used for all hits. So really the camera is already in the game, the side angles should just be removed. Some real life examples of how I'd like the broadcast fielding camera to work:

Nice post but we can't move the camera like that because the walls in some stadiums would get in the way, the ball would potentially leave the camera view and you wouldn't be able to locate your fielder soon enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2015, 09:11 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Nice post but we can't move the camera like that because the walls in some stadiums would get in the way, the ball would potentially leave the camera view and you wouldn't be able to locate your fielder soon enough.
Yeah because of the outfield corner/wall issue the angle would need to adjust for balls hit down the line in left/right field for gameplay practicality. I use auto fielding but I can imagine the frustration of a gamer using manual fielding losing sight of the ball and having a double become an inside the park hr lol
Old 08-25-2015, 10:36 PM   #27
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

Would it be overly-ambitious to ask for a true, first person camera view... at least when batting? For example, how 2K did in NFL 2K5?

I was just thinking today how cool it would be to literally play from a players eye view (not the quasi-first person view in RTTS) if done right.

Last edited by bigd51; 08-25-2015 at 10:38 PM.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:10 AM   #28
Rookie

JPCaveman13's Arena

OVR: 6

Playing as a catcher in RTTS can be tough when there's a pop-up around the plate. Half the time, the camera will stay at the same angle and I can track fine. Other times, I'll be moving to make the catch and the camera will switch directions and that change messes the input directions as I'm moving. It's annoying when I'm tracking right on my screen to catch the pop-up and then get the camera change where it's now rotated 180 degrees. This cut has no lag to adjust the direction before I'm heading the wrong way.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:41 PM   #29
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd51
Would it be overly-ambitious to ask for a true, first person camera view... at least when batting? For example, how 2K did in NFL 2K5?

I was just thinking today how cool it would be to literally play from a players eye view (not the quasi-first person view in RTTS) if done right.
Nope you can ask but that's not something we can even consider for 16.
Old 08-26-2015, 05:49 PM   #30
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

Quote:
Nope you can ask but that's not something we can even consider for 16.
Yeah, I figured you'd be too far in for next year. Hope you guys consider it in the future, though! I think it would really improve playing OF in RTTS, too.

Last edited by bigd51; 08-26-2015 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:36 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Fielding Camera's you would like to see in MLB 16

Quote:
I remember seeing a few people ask for a new fielding camera or two in next years game. What types of camera's would you like to see? Or is there an old school camera you guys would like to see included in future versions.

Also the more info the better pics and videos are great.
Check out the fielding camera in Pro Yakyuu spirits 2012 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N8twfmBV5k

It's basically a broadcast cam, but the camera doesn't shift to straight-on for balls down the line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2015, 12:38 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Can you cut to a different camera as soon as the ball leaves the camera view, or slightly before (that's what happens on MLB broadcasts)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »