Home

MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2016, 09:32 AM   #17
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientDiety
Is it safe to transfer our 2015 franchise to MLb 16? I thought I read there was a bug.
There is a thread discussing it.

http://www.osatwork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=876956

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-29-2016, 10:05 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Damn looks like I will have to wait for the patch.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:20 AM   #19
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

Started a test franchise and played 5-6 spring training games and my home opener. Spring training was up and down. I won 2 or 3 and lost the rest of the games. Had 2 comebacks which were both amazing the first one I tied it up in the 7th I believe and then hit a double that sent a runner home for the win in the bottom of the 9th.

Second one I tied the game up in the top of the 8th being down 0-2 then hit the game winning run in the top of the 9th.

In the season opener against the Yankees in New York Keuchel played the full 9 innings in what was a pitching battle. He had a ton of strike outs and only gave up 3 hits and 0 runs.

I was held hitless until the 3rd where I was able to get a run across. Rest of the game was very quiet. In the top of the 8th Carlos Correa hit a clutch home run with 2 outs giving us a 2-0 lead.

Keuchel came in and finished the job.

Final score was 2-0, Yankees had 3 hits I had 4.

I truly believe it would have been 1-0 if the Yankees kept their ACE in but once they hit the bullpen Correa could finally get going.

I think the only other guy to get a hit was Valbuena, Gattis got on from an error and he was our run.

Anyways I am done for the night and will look to continue tomorrow. I may or may not restart when OSFM comes out. A lot of factors will go into it as I am not a huge follower of baseball IRL so I dont know too many prospects.

Mainly if I get far into this first year before OSFM drops then I probably wont restart. I generally restart anyways though at some point in all games and I will use OSFM then. I will just force myself to keep this one going though until OSFM comes out. Will adjust the sliders as I see fit.

I really want to get a franchise going in MLB and finally get to take advantage of Y2Y saves.

Currently 5-1 on the young season (Playing 1 simming 5)

BTW I am the Astros (Hometown team)
Old 03-29-2016, 03:45 PM   #20
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Figured I would try and carry over my save from 15 and luckily I had a save that was just after game 4 of the World Series. So I was able to advance into the offseason and didn't get the bug that happens when you carry over a save. I'm 6-7 in Spring Training but I've only played two spring training games since I simmed some but both of them were exciting all the way through and I ended up getting walk offs.

The first game I won from a throwing error that went into the stands on a triple. The last game I played I was down 3-0 in the 9th and was able to start the inning off with a single. After that I was able to walk twice to load the bases. Franklin came up and hit a single down the left field line and scored 1 run. Next up Kiermaier hit a double to unload the bases and win the game for us.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:25 PM   #21
Rookie

i do like the idea of a morale system. but 2 weeks into my Jays season, Tulowitzki's contract expectation jumped! he expects 32.6M a year! plus he ks angry about not having a top tier coach, so his overall took a 4point hit.

And if i recall watching Louis talking about the morale system is that mental attributes will only take a hit, but his contact vs L took 3 point hit and his power took a 5 point hit...

i wish we could turn off morale
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2016, 05:57 PM   #22
Rookie

Can anyone cofirm if there is a problem with budgets, ive read a few posts here saying that after a season or two they get really high
Old 03-29-2016, 06:02 PM   #23
Rookie

So my tigers are now 7-8 after starting 0-5! The bats have picked up I just took 2 out of 3 in KC. After getting just 1 hit in my first 30 ab with jd Martinez I've had 7 hits in my last 4 games. Kindler and JD had started out awful but with them getting hits it's helping . My pitching has been solid, Zimmerman and vet lander are dominating even the back end of the rotation is performing. K-rod is 6 for 6 in save opportunities with a goose egg era . Only fault so far is I have 10 hr's in 15 games (but the game before last I had 4 hr's) 7-8 currently 2.0 gb in the division.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:31 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 46

Yanks ST underway.
Comingdown the homestretch and nothing out of the ordinary. outside of Slade Heathcott beating out AAron Hicks for the 4th outfielder role.
Yep, all lefties in the OF.

one thing is, 3 weeks in and the whole leagues has 3 injuries [all 60day DL guys]
anyone else seeing low numbers?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »