Home

Defense is HUGE this year

This is a discussion on Defense is HUGE this year within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2016, 02:59 AM   #33
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Defense is HUGE this year

Frankly I think there are too many close plays at first on simple/slow ground balls. I too had an instance in DD where Correa my SS couldn't throw out a 63 speed guy. 63 Isn't bad speed mind you, but the ball was just a dribbler off the left side of the mound.

I think it's to due with the fact that the players are running 100% speed down the line on normal ground balls. Where in real life I feel like most players run at an 80 - 85% speed if it is a routine grounder.
Old 04-02-2016, 08:49 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Defense is HUGE this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez4u2cjaj
I've tried out a ton of SS and the only SS that has been consistent with throws is Simmons and Tulo.

Reyes has made some nice throws but has also chucked some balls in the dugout
That's good as long as my CPU controlled (auto fielding) players field balls same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Frankly I think there are too many close plays at first on simple/slow ground balls. I too had an instance in DD where Correa my SS couldn't throw out a 63 speed guy. 63 Isn't bad speed mind you, but the ball was just a dribbler off the left side of the mound.

I think it's to due with the fact that the players are running 100% speed down the line on normal ground balls. Where in real life I feel like most players run at an 80 - 85% speed if it is a routine grounder.
I use auto fielding and CPU controlled players for my team in 15 seemed to be treated unfairly

I also think players on CPU teams tend to run faster with equal or lower speed in 15, and harder to throw out at first. I'm not saying it happens that way every time, but on looking at some replays, it sure seemed that way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »