Home

Small sample test: Reasons CPU doesn't bring in closer in save situations.

This is a discussion on Small sample test: Reasons CPU doesn't bring in closer in save situations. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2016, 09:08 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Small sample test: Reasons CPU doesn't bring in closer in save situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilcNYR
Going to add in to the convo about what I've seen with closer's in late game situations that needs to be changed which is 4 out, 5 out saves. Just last night Rockies/Padres game (I was the Padres) had Motte in the game in the 8th load the bases and reach almost 30 pitches with McGee warming up in the bullpen but CPU Weiss didn't pull the struggling Motte. Wound up driving a pitch into the gap for 2 runs. Not a major thing but I would hope that the CPU managerial strategy could be overhauled to at least consider bringing in the closer if he's not tired and the team needs to protect a 1 or 2 run lead
Yes, it is a major thing, because the cpu manager would do the same thing in the seventh game of the World Series. The cpu manages in the postseason exactly the same as the regular season. How would you feel if this was the way your Padres beat the Astros in World Series?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »