Home

How to Set Up 30 Team Control

This is a discussion on How to Set Up 30 Team Control within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2016, 02:21 PM   #9
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: How to Set Up 30 Team Control

My to do list: (I started franchise when game came out but only 5 games in (due to work) and said oh forget it, I will just use OSFM now that they come out tonight LOL)

I would add SOTS, but those are still intact so I do not have to do that again.
  • Download OSFM
  • Decide if I want to change 25 man to 40 man
  • Input Armor and Sword/Marino Slider set
  • I have two profiles - USER (All manual stuff) and CPU (All AUTO), set Boston to USER and rest to CPU
  • Use that DL excel that someone on here made to set all opening day injuries (did this already, only took 45mins-1hr)
  • If I stick with 25 man, I will set everything to USER until I sim to opening day, then reset to keep lineups in tact. I also will disable injuries and I manually set them up to opening day.
  • Tell wife it is opening day again and I need the TV. (Jk, just talk her into an early bedtime LOL)
  • PLAY THE GAME!

I decided to list every step just incase someone wants to do all that, it makes it so fun. The real injuries are quick to do and actually really fun.
Old 04-17-2016, 02:35 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am having trouble with CPU team lineups sticking this year--- if I set it to auto-- all changes I make are immediately reversed back to the way the cpu wants them--- If I put it on manual--they stick but the cpu never uses bench players (other than to PR/PH)
Old 04-17-2016, 02:57 PM   #11
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

TBR, do you have the link to that injuries spreadsheet? I've searched around for it but I can't find it.

EDIT: Found it. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...readsheet.html

Watch me play video games

Last edited by Jr.; 04-17-2016 at 03:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2016, 03:00 PM   #12
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
My to do list: (I started franchise when game came out but only 5 games in (due to work) and said oh forget it, I will just use OSFM now that they come out tonight LOL)

I would add SOTS, but those are still intact so I do not have to do that again.
  • Download OSFM
  • Decide if I want to change 25 man to 40 man
  • Input Armor and Sword/Marino Slider set
  • I have two profiles - USER (All manual stuff) and CPU (All AUTO), set Boston to USER and rest to CPU
  • Use that DL excel that someone on here made to set all opening day injuries (did this already, only took 45mins-1hr)
  • If I stick with 25 man, I will set everything to USER until I sim to opening day, then reset to keep lineups in tact. I also will disable injuries and I manually set them up to opening day.
  • Tell wife it is opening day again and I need the TV. (Jk, just talk her into an early bedtime LOL)
  • PLAY THE GAME!

I decided to list every step just incase someone wants to do all that, it makes it so fun. The real injuries are quick to do and actually really fun.
So, set all 30 teams to user control and leave everything manual. Then once we sim to the start of the season go in and change the profiles to all the teams but the one i want to control from user profile to the cpu one. Then the lineups at the start of the season are correct.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 04-17-2016, 03:54 PM   #13
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
TBR, do you have the link to that injuries spreadsheet? I've searched around for it but I can't find it.

EDIT: Found it. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...readsheet.html
Jr. if you have a laptop, I'd recommend loading the spreadsheet on half the screen and use the remote play on the other half (simply drag the remote play screen into half of the screen) and do your injuries. This method allows me to see the spread while using the ps4 controller to enter the injuries. You can also scroll and use mouse while remote play is up and don't have to select to activate one side. This way let me get all injuries in and took less than one hour.

Here's how my screen on laptop looks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
So, set all 30 teams to user control and leave everything manual. Then once we sim to the start of the season go in and change the profiles to all the teams but the one i want to control from user profile to the cpu one. Then the lineups at the start of the season are correct.
Yeah, that's what I've done in the past. The only issue is the stats from spring training might be screwed up if they don't use backups which with a 25 man roster doesn't matter, but some would be bugged by it. I hope this still works. Hate to have to edit lineups beofre opening day lol

Last edited by TheBleedingRed21; 04-17-2016 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-17-2016, 04:01 PM   #14
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Yeah, that's what I've done in the past. The only issue is the stats from spring training might be screwed up if they don't use backups which with a 25 man roster doesn't matter, but some would be bugged by it. I hope this still works. Hate to have to edit lineups beofre opening day lol
I don't care about the spring training stats. Hopefully this works and no editing of the lineups is needed. LOL
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 04-17-2016, 07:06 PM   #15
Pro

agentlaw13's Arena

OVR: 9
How to Set Up 30 Team Control

I've always played franchise without 30 team control and controlled only my team.

Giving 30 team control a go this year but I'm having an issue getting to my minor league lineups/rotation screen. I have downloaded OSFM and started my Tribe franchise. Set my profile for the Indians to my profile and CPU for all other teams. Trying to look at my minor league lineups and I can't seem to find them? Anybody else having this issue?

When I hit L2/R2, it cycles through teams but when I hit the right stick left/right, it doesn't go to my AAA/AA screens?

Kinda odd but I've hit every button I can and still no luck lol...any help would be appreciated.

****RESOLVED- I had yet to finalize spring training. Now that it's over I can view lineups as usual. I'm an idiot lol

Last edited by agentlaw13; 04-17-2016 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Figured it out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2016, 07:27 PM   #16
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

Simmed tge first year as I always do but I notice injuries only happen for my team. Lost interest n haven't played franchise since next Gen so u was wondering how do I get injuries to happen for other teams?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »