Home

What bone headed mistakes have you made?

This is a discussion on What bone headed mistakes have you made? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2016, 02:58 AM   #9
Rookie

bdhill78's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What bone headed mistakes have you made?

I'm playing RTTS till the Hybrid roster comes out. From time to time I get myself doubled up on a fly ball when I ought to be at first. I habitually hit the left stick the wrong way.
Bundesliga: FC Schalke 04
Old 05-02-2016, 03:31 AM   #10
Rookie

ARMORALLL's Arena

OVR: 8

In DD games players have sometimes send the runner on 3rd home and the runner on 1st to second. I've accidentally thrown to second and in my last game I moved the catcher off the baseline allowing the runner to score. It looks terrible!
Old 05-02-2016, 07:33 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

I made the same mistake as OP. And then I managed to set the button mapping like it was in 15. So everything is cool for awhile and then it changes back again, without me doing anything!

Oh, and I forget to cover first all the time when I'm pitching. It's like "a ground ball to first, Miggy has it" but it's a bit too much to ask for him to cover 20 feet.

When batting and I hit what looks like a flyout I often just stop at first and wait. Well, when the OF misses it I could've been at third instead. Just small, lazy things like that. The latter is something that makes me furious when I'm watching a real game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 11:00 AM   #12
Rookie

I was playing an extra inning game against the country. I pinch hit for my 3rd basemen with Will Clark not paying attention to the fact I didn't have a defensive replacement, so I had to run Clark out At 3rd. First hitter in the inning hit a screamer to 3rd. Clark missed it and it ended up as a double. The next batter bunted towards 3rd. Apparently, when there's a lefty at 3rd and the bunt is close to the line, they swipe the ball to the right! While the games intention was to slap the ball foul, he turned a bunt about to roll foul into a base hit! Then to top it off, my pitcher snagged it and I threw home to gun down the runner. The throw would have been there in time had it not been 10 feet over the catchers head!
Old 05-02-2016, 11:00 AM   #13
Rookie

I was playing an extra inning game against the cpu. I pinch hit for my 3rd basemen with Will Clark not paying attention to the fact I didn't have a defensive replacement, so I had to run Clark out At 3rd. First hitter in the inning hit a screamer to 3rd. Clark missed it and it ended up as a double. The next batter bunted towards 3rd. Apparently, when there's a lefty at 3rd and the bunt is close to the line, they swipe the ball to the right! While the games intention was to slap the ball foul, he turned a bunt about to roll foul into a base hit! Then to top it off, my pitcher snagged it and I threw home to gun down the runner. The throw would have been there in time had it not been 10 feet over the catchers head!
Old 05-02-2016, 12:20 PM   #14
Rookie

kendallc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
I have thrown the ball to 2B on a groundball trying to turn two......only to remember the bases were empty.
This is why I LOVE throw cancelling. I always make sure that's turned on.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:48 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

I once called for a "triple steal" in an older version of the game by accidentally pressed the button against my knee (was resting the controller on my leg).

I did it again. Bases loaded, I lost track of the count - I thought it was 3-2 (it was 2-2), so I wanted everyone to go. If it was a strike, I'd contact swing. If it's a ball - well it's a walk.

It was a ball...ball three.

Oops.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 02:56 PM   #16
Pro

sportomatic75's Arena

I keep making the same stupid decision. I don't know if it a bug or not, but I keep overrunning the base and accidentally take off for another and I get thrown out. I think it is a bug though since it is happening too often.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »