Home

Prep for MLBTS:17

This is a discussion on Prep for MLBTS:17 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2017, 01:18 PM   #1
D13
Pro

D13's Arena

OVR: 6
Prep for MLBTS:17

What is everybody from all game modes doing to get ready for the next installment of The Show?

What are The Diamond Dynasty guys doing with their stubs? What about you RTTS and Franchise guys ?

Also, debating on which version of the game I should purchase. What is everybodys suggestion of the best deal in your personal opinion?

Counting down the days for The Show & GO CUBS!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2017, 01:31 PM   #2
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Prep for MLBTS:17

I'm not hyped for The Show 17 yet, won't be until they reveal franchise details.

But, I miss baseball dearly. Currently playing OOTP17 rewriting the entire history of baseball..

And on the MLB the show 16 front, I'm simulating seasons in franchise mode and playing a playoff game from each day once the post season starts. Once I get to the LCS and World Series, I'll play every game in the AL and NLCS and then every game of the world series.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-04-2017, 01:33 PM   #3
D13
Pro

D13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I'm not hyped for The Show 17 yet, won't be until they reveal franchise details.

But, I miss baseball dearly. Currently playing OOTP17 rewriting the entire history of baseball..

And on the MLB the show 16 front, I'm simulating seasons in franchise mode and playing a playoff game from each day once the post season starts. Once I get to the LCS and World Series, I'll play every game in the AL and NLCS and then every game of the world series.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Operation Sports mobile app
very nice, I like playing the playoffs games as well in my franchise if my team didnt mkae it. give me a feel of how that team made the playoffs and what kind of roster the cpu GM constructed
Old 01-04-2017, 02:27 PM   #4
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

I'll buy the Standard Edition. I should be able to earn the stubs, etc given in the other editions in a short time anyways.

As soon as I get MLB17 I will abandon MLB16 and all of the 200K stubs I earned. I play very little RTTS but when I do I don't use any boosts.

I hope they are able to find a way to transfer logos from MLB16 to MLB17.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:03 PM   #5
D13
Pro

D13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
I'll buy the Standard Edition. I should be able to earn the stubs, etc given in the other editions in a short time anyways.

As soon as I get MLB17 I will abandon MLB16 and all of the 200K stubs I earned. I play very little RTTS but when I do I don't use any boosts.

i would love for them to find a way for them to transfer logos.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2017, 03:58 PM   #6
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim

Pretty much with you there. In the UK it's hard enough to get the game in general so I won't find any decent deals on other editions and generally I can make stubs and buy players with no real effort. If they offered something exclusive with a special edition I might be slightly tempted, but it would have to be good (maybe a rookie Griffey card?)

As for all my stubs, I don't plan to carry over a RTTS player and if I did I wouldn't want the boosts and if I carry over my Angels franchise then I won't need more cash (and if I decide I do at some point, you make a lot of stubs playing anyway)
Old 01-04-2017, 05:49 PM   #7
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by D13
i would love for them to find a way for them to transfer logos.
ya, i hate having to rebuild my logo for DD every iteration.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:22 PM   #8
Rookie

jgb3's Arena

I will move into '17 and never look back. This year, I am most excited to create a completely comprehensive fictional roster set. I find that I enjoy franchise more with fake players; if I do a fantasy draft, it just feels wrong with Trout or Miggy on a different team... and with standard rosters, I make so many trades that it feels fake. So fictional roster sets are the natural choice, and they're a blast to dream up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »