Home

RTTS Winter Challenge

This is a discussion on RTTS Winter Challenge within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2017, 01:54 PM   #9
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: RTTS Winter Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Also should we have it set for legend at AA level and Allstar at Mlb level?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Definitely nothing but HoF at MLB level, in my opinion. Obviously, folks can do as they please, but to me, there's no other way to play this game than on HoF. Stats get way too inflated in All-Star once you learn how to hit, and that's what HoF will make you do--learn how to hit.

I'm using HoF at all levels, same exact sliders. Only change I'm making from my OS sliders are I'm not messing around with the SP Stamina as it's too annoying to deal with in RTTS with quick simming game-to-game.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:55 PM   #10
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
I'm down! What about pitching interface?

Good question. I personally prefer "broadcast" view, and I remove all guides as well, including ball marker and vibration. It really makes you focus to paint corners.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:49 PM   #11
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Definitely nothing but HoF at MLB level, in my opinion. Obviously, folks can do as they please, but to me, there's no other way to play this game than on HoF. Stats get way too inflated in All-Star once you learn how to hit, and that's what HoF will make you do--learn how to hit.

I'm using HoF at all levels, same exact sliders. Only change I'm making from my OS sliders are I'm not messing around with the SP Stamina as it's too annoying to deal with in RTTS with quick simming game-to-game.
I meant do people still change difficulty to account for the game changing difficulty based on level? I'll download your sliders tonight. I'm thinking either a Chris Sale like pitcher or a slugging OF.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2017, 05:37 PM   #12
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Well, I went ahead and started one.

Max Powers - 5'11"/185 lbs, 22 years old
Primary position - 2B, secondary position - IF

Drafted by Tigers in 4th round after a terrible showing in the Showcase games. Through 3 games w/AA affiliate Erie Seawolves I'm batting .167 (2 for 12) with 1 RBI (slow ground out with the bases loaded).

Playing every game w/no simming - I'm curious to see how far I get by the time MLB 17 releases.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:15 PM   #13
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Just when I was starting to make some nice progress--hitting around .400 my last ten games--my dude disolcated his ankle diving back to first on a pick off attempt, and was hurt for 6 months! Season over. Nationals offered me a contract of around $73k for the 2017 season. Still in AA, and stuck at a 58 overall and B potential as I couldn't do anything while hurt!

Loving the challenge so far.
Old 01-15-2017, 07:12 PM   #14
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

I've managed to get into late June in my first season in AA. After performing pretty poorly the first few weeks, I've sunk the large share of my training into Contact and Plate Vision. Some into durability, Power, and Speed. My dude is now up to a 66 overall. So I really started hitting the snot out of the ball starting in early June. Now batting over .330 with I think 6 HR's, 28 RBI. Also 7 or 8 errors I think, I need to start putting some points into Fielding and Arm Accuracy.

I think if I dump some training into my defense, my OVR rating will go up quickly and I'll get promoted to AAA. At which point I expect to struggle mightily on HoF difficulty. (assuming it IS true that in RttS, Difficulty is 1 level below at AA, actual at AAA, and one level above at MLB).

Note: I couldn't help it, I did add real equipment to my player, the generic stuff just kind of killed the mood a little. But I only used Silver card items, not any Gold, Diamond, or Holiday card items in my inventory.

Also, I've really gotten to appreciate the stadiums using Fish Eye camera. I didn't use it much before because I couldn't read the pitches very well. I started using it more in my Franchise mode a while back, I've gotten better at reading pitches an now I prefer it. The stadiums, even the minor league ones, look great when using this batting camera.
Old 01-21-2017, 03:01 PM   #15
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Just set up Lowe's sliders and settings. Only change was wind is at 6 and trade slider at 3.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2017, 03:01 PM   #16
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Gonna be a real challenge with 0 control or consistency. I'll be making a SP

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »