Home

No more picking team in rtts?!?!

This is a discussion on No more picking team in rtts?!?! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2017, 11:04 AM   #33
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: No more picking team in rtts?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
If I got chosen by the Braves or Marlins I would be ok I think. I just hate the Mets and Nationals with a passion. Don't really have any hate towards the Braves and Marlins.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
Just like me with the Red Sox and Yankees. Can't stand em man! Hahaha!

Reed is comin' atcha!

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 03-20-2017, 01:56 PM   #34
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

I guess I can save before the draft and just keep on doing it until I get a team I like.. No way I'm playing for the Indians or White Sox..

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Old 03-20-2017, 03:10 PM   #35
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Guess I'll continue my current player, which I was going to do anyway but would have liked to play around with the new stuff. But I always selected my team and not interested in playing in another way (been playing that way since the original year on the PS2). So this really stinks for me and can chalk it up to another mode in this game I have very little interest in. Thank goodness I can continue my current one though.

So what all do you get when you are continuing a career, do you still get some of these decision screens? I guess I could always keep my 16 copy and start a career there with a certain team and then advance forward.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2017, 03:13 PM   #36
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp
I guess I can save before the draft and just keep on doing it until I get a team I like.. No way I'm playing for the Indians or White Sox..
My closer ended up on the White Sox last year. Between the limited training points a closer earns and the fact that the White Sox did not have that many save opportunities he kind of languished.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:40 PM   #37
MVP

I'm such a baseball fan that I think getting drafted by a team I hated would be a fun challenge. I mean I can only imagine how many real life players get drafted by or make their big league debut with a team that they grew up disliking for whatever reason. But of course at that point they'll never do anything to jeopardize that opportunity so having to suck it up and be on your least favorite team is part of the fun of getting to the majors to begin with.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:43 PM   #38
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
My closer ended up on the White Sox last year. Between the limited training points a closer earns and the fact that the White Sox did not have that many save opportunities he kind of languished.
My reason's were more I hate the Indian's and White Sox. But yeah, Chicago not so good.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Old 03-20-2017, 05:47 PM   #39
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
I'm such a baseball fan that I think getting drafted by a team I hated would be a fun challenge. I mean I can only imagine how many real life players get drafted by or make their big league debut with a team that they grew up disliking for whatever reason. But of course at that point they'll never do anything to jeopardize that opportunity so having to suck it up and be on your least favorite team is part of the fun of getting to the majors to begin with.
The difference is they're getting paid to play for a team they grew up disliking.. Many times I go the draft route but I like to have 1 position player, and 1 pitcher who plays for the Tigers. Kind of fulfills my dream when I was a child..

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

Old 03-20-2017, 06:54 PM   #40
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

I'm always pro options, so I definitely get people being upset with team select being removed, but I'd personally go the draft route regardless. I figure if I'm drafted by the Sox it's more rewarding and, if not, it's a chance to try something new.

With PYP, I'm actually hoping to get drafted by the Yankees just so I can have the privilege of telling them to stick it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »