Home

Convince me to switch to directional hitting

This is a discussion on Convince me to switch to directional hitting within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2017, 08:57 PM   #25
Rookie

Twinkie12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Convince me to switch to directional hitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
May I ask why you do it with the PCI off?
I find it distracting to have it on. I also dont want to move it beforehand, which I think is the point of having it on. I'd rather sit on a pitch and flick the stick in that direction as I swing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2017, 09:03 PM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkie12
I find it distracting to have it on. I also dont want to move it beforehand, which I think is the point of having it on. I'd rather sit on a pitch and flick the stick in that direction as I swing.
But the pci is still there right? I get that it's distracting but if it's still there and you can't see it how will you ever get it in the right spot? Seems like you're totally just leaving it to chance this way.

FYI, not trying to argue you, I'm trying to learn this and wanna question the best way to play it so I'm curious.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:20 PM   #27
Rookie

Vmascarello's Arena

Quote:
But the pci is still there right? I get that it's distracting but if it's still there and you can't see it how will you ever get it in the right spot? Seems like you're totally just leaving it to chance this way.

FYI, not trying to argue you, I'm trying to learn this and wanna question the best way to play it so I'm curious.
Regardless, if the PCI is on or off, it's still there. It's just an option to display it or not.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:29 AM   #28
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
I'm trying to get more into directional hitting but I have questions that I can't definitively figure out. Maybe you all can help...

Am I pressing the direction to make contact with the ball like if the pitch is high I press up or if the pitch is low I press down? Or am I pressing the direction to influence where I want the hit to go such as I swing down if I want to hit a groundball or I swing up if I want to hit a flyball? If it's the second one, and I want to hit a flyball do I still press up if the pitch is down?

Should I be pressing the direction as in I'm swinging or should I do it before the pitch is delivered kinda like when doing guess pitch?

And lastly what happens if I just don't press any swing? And is there a time where that is an option I should be doing?

Thanks in advance. I wanna figure this out but trying to get this in the split second that a pitch is coming at me is making this difficult.
I believe it is the statement I bolded above. You have no real control of the PCI in directional hitting so moving the stick does not effect contact.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:51 AM   #29
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

Is there still an option for simply timed hitting with no directional input needed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 03-29-2017, 01:56 AM   #30
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint75
Is there still an option for simply timed hitting with no directional input needed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no u just hit the button and not aim. I don't know if I'm going to do timing or directional this year
Old 03-29-2017, 02:59 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 6

Zone is like the old HIgh Heat games and more like real life baseball. You point to where the ball is and swing at that point.

Directional is more like the old MVP series. You swing on timing and you try to influence the direction.

Analog is more like the old MLB 2K series. Self explanatory.

I really love they gave the player all these options on batting. They respected the gamer and the last 15 years of videogaming and gave us all the options of those old games.

I've been a Zone guy for many years but getting older I feel like the learning curve for zone this year is too much for me. I tried out directional tonight and got the best results. I had some really good variety of hits with directional tonight.

I really liked analog too because it made the game more casual for me and I was more relaxed. I liked what one poster said that analog seems to feel more realistic and natural and based on player ratings.

Thanks for the tip about pressing the power or contact button first for analog. did not know that. Now does that work with the setting as Analog and Flick? Or you have to put it on button?

Last edited by hyacinth1; 03-29-2017 at 03:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2017, 04:01 AM   #32
Rookie

I used to just use timing back in like 2010 but then they added directional and it just didn't feel like there was a big hit variety and I just wasn't good at it anymore, as said earlier went to zone and never looked back

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »