Home

Old 03-29-2017, 03:03 PM   #9
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Too many HR's?

1.16 HRs were hit per game last year on average. It was the 2nd highest in history behind only 2000, which was at 1.17.

2015 was at 1.01.

So, if you're seeing a little over 1 HR per game on average, then that's pretty realistic.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:24 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

I played an exhibition game between the Red Sox and blue jays and 5 HR's were hit combined. Wade Boggs hit a HR!
Old 03-29-2017, 04:03 PM   #11
Rookie

WhiteBunny's Arena

OVR: 0

There's really something wrong here. At times it seems a Home Run derby. It's not only the HR's, but the amount of bounce on the warning tracks and the ground double. Obviously the bigger PCI ( it's really huge this year, even with batters with low contact rating ) doesn't help at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2017, 04:41 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree it seems like most balls are hit hard. I see a lot of doubles and homers. Five Hume runs in one game is too much
Old 03-29-2017, 04:52 PM   #13
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinofan
I agree it seems like most balls are hit hard. I see a lot of doubles and homers. Five Hume runs in one game is too much
It happens though in real life. Stan Musial hit 5 HRs by himself in a game. The Blue Jays and Orioles combined for 10 HRs in a game in 1987. Wade Boggs hit 24 HRs in 1987.

I wouldn't make any big decisions on sliders or saying "something is broken" based off of a small sample size of games, especially one game where you tee'd off on a guy.

Go 20-25 games, then if you think HRs are happening too often adjust the power slider down a notch or two.

Last edited by BA2929; 03-29-2017 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:57 PM   #14
Rookie

kaptainkarl76's Arena

OVR: 1

Using zone hitting with the Red Sox and trying out Veteran settings on hittng/pitching, default sliders, I hit 4 homeruns in one inning..6 total in the game..Granted it was on veteran, but that seems a bit high..
Old 03-29-2017, 05:01 PM   #15
GLORIA!!!!

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

It's not the frequency that's the issue for me...it's the distance and who's hitting them. I can hit 450+ bombs pretty regularly on default HOF Zone with midrange power guys like Addison Russell. My shots with the real power hitters are often going closer to 500.

It's a sign of either perfect contact being made too often, or power in general being too high. As both of those are things that I believe can be mitigated somewhat with sliders, I started a thread on this issue in the sliders thread. Would love any additional input you guys have.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...nshot-hrs.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2017, 05:01 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 0

I can't hit at all in '17 yet! I think the pitches move slower, and I was never a good hitter anyway so my timing being off is making me terrible!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »