Home

Old 03-29-2017, 05:04 PM   #17
Rookie

kaptainkarl76's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Too many HR's?

In the game where I hit 6, 4 were 450+ ft...other 2 barely got out..
Old 03-29-2017, 07:14 PM   #18
Rookie

Wetfred's Arena

OVR: 0

Allstar on Opening day 9 HRs total Nats/Marlins in the rain.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:18 PM   #19
RLB
Rookie

RLB's Arena

This happens every year it seems. The game changes as SDS improves it and makes changes to it. Last year it took me almost the entire spring training session to find the level of play I wanted. I settled on Legend mode and then softened up the sliders on the CPU side and really enjoyed the game.

I am currently tinkering with the sliders to find that kind of game that I want to play. If your hitting to many bombs drop the power, batting average to high reduce the contact slider. Don't forget you have some pitching sliders that would be helpful with this as well.

Just make sure you check your ego at the door in case your skill level requires you to soften up the CPU sliders so you can stay competitive. It's your world, make it enjoyable.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:23 PM   #20
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

I'm finding regular X swings carrying a lot further than previous years, pretty sure it's down to the ball spin. If you top it, the ball dips, if you hit it right the ball sails, which is resulting in a lot of very powerfully struck balls. I must have only played about 10 games, yet Jose Reyes has 5 HR's, whereas my actual power hitters have had multiple HR games on a few occasions. Obviously difficulty plays a part, but it shouldn't matter what setting you have it on, Jose Reyes shouldn't be regularly putting the ball out the park with a regular X swing.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:37 PM   #21
Banned

The ball comes off the bat very naturally (both speed and spin). But once it passes over the heads on the infielders it's like the rocket boosters are turned on and the ball just keeps flying.

Hard to explain exactly... Seems like they need to add more Gravity to the game!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2017, 08:26 PM   #22
Rookie

Cory4AU's Arena

Too many HR's?

All star difficulty:
My first 4 games I hit two home runs combined. 5th game I hit 6. This is in my franchise with the Tribe. The 4th game, I scored 9 runs on nothing but singles, doubles, fielders choice, sac flies, etc. the 5th game was a home run derby though. I also am finding it fairly easy pitching so far. I haven't given up more than 4 runs so far and none of my pitchers have had too much difficulty yet. Obviously 5 games is way too small a sample size to make changes yet. I have had a good mixture on offense so far. Oh, and those that were worried about not seeing any hits through the infield should feel silly. It's the most realistic hitting to date and I've had several infield hits and choppers, etc.

Edit to add: I also haven't seen these monster HRs yet. Even with Encarncion. It was cool I hit one with him right on the screws and it was a screaming line drive over the left center fence but it was close I thought it might hit off the wall. Pretty cool.

Last edited by Cory4AU; 03-29-2017 at 08:29 PM.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:25 PM   #23
Rookie

adamh6262's Arena

I wish I had this problem. I've played 3 games so far with only 1 HR. Only 5 runs combined, mostly playing small ball. My timing is way off. It's like the pitching is slower and I can't adjust. Im constantly out in front of even 98mph fastballs

Old 03-30-2017, 12:40 AM   #24
Rookie

WhiteBunny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
It happens though in real life. Stan Musial hit 5 HRs by himself in a game. The Blue Jays and Orioles combined for 10 HRs in a game in 1987. Wade Boggs hit 24 HRs in 1987.
We're talking about 1.20 HR per game in 2016. And what i see so far it's 4-5 HR's every game. Last game i reduced power by a bar and Pyscotty hit 2 HR's, Gyorko hit 2 HR's ( it was CPU on HOF ), Rizzo 1 HR ( it was me ). Also, if you reduce power, you will screw some stats of the Showtrack.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »