Home

Old 03-30-2017, 03:54 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Too many HR's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
It happens though in real life. Stan Musial hit 5 HRs by himself in a game. The Blue Jays and Orioles combined for 10 HRs in a game in 1987. Wade Boggs hit 24 HRs in 1987.

I wouldn't make any big decisions on sliders or saying "something is broken" based off of a small sample size of games, especially one game where you tee'd off on a guy.

Go 20-25 games, then if you think HRs are happening too often adjust the power slider down a notch or two.
Stan Musial never hit 4 homers in a game, let alone 5. Nobody has ever hit 5 homers in a game.

I'm getting well over 2 homeruns per game on default all star settings. My hits and runs are close to league average, but there is way too much power so far. Had a 52 pwr guy rock a 482ft homer.

Afraid to lower the slider as I don't want to impact other areas of hitting or the ball physics.

Even watching the devs play, they scored so many runs via homers. And opposite field ones, to boot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2017, 04:29 AM   #26
Rookie

timothythefirst's Arena

I've only played road to the show so far on 17 and my player just became 99 in every state recently (I'll probably start a new one i just wanna win the world series first...) and I've been hitting a TON of home runs but i wasn't sure if it was the game or just my player being 99 and the difficulty only being on all star. I went through a little slump and then was right back at it so I was holding off judgement to see if it was really normal or not.

because it seems like lately about half my hits have been home runs. and they're no cheap shots either, almost all of them are launched 450+ feet.

and i'll be honest i was at like 36 home runs at the all star break on the show 16 when i carried it over to 17 and i kind of wanted to see if i could break the single season record. I think i have 78 or 79 now with 10 games left

i think it's just too easy to "square up" the ball a lot of times. and it seems like most of the breaking balls i get thrown either get hung and end up right in the middle and i crush them or they're so far out of the zone i didn't even have to think about swinging.

Last edited by timothythefirst; 03-30-2017 at 05:36 AM.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:33 AM   #27
Banned

Jaysguy44's Arena

Yes i feel Homeruns are crazy this year also pitch speed seems a little slow too. I'm messing around with sliders on HOF hitting/Analog Stride, after a few games i've lowered power to 3 and contact to 4 and fastball pitch speed to 7 and offspeed pitch speed to 8. Also i hate the Homerun cut scene!!..so many of them, there should be an option to turn it off..i wanna see my fly balls go over the wall.

Last edited by Jaysguy44; 03-30-2017 at 04:36 AM.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:59 AM   #28
Rookie

WhiteBunny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysguy44
Yes i feel Homeruns are crazy this year also pitch speed seems a little slow too. I'm messing around with sliders on HOF hitting/Analog Stride, after a few games i've lowered power to 3 and contact to 4 and fastball pitch speed to 7 and offspeed pitch speed to 8. Also i hate the Homerun cut scene!!..so many of them, there should be an option to turn it off..i wanna see my fly balls go over the wall.
You see always the cutscene cause nearly every HR is a no-doubt one.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:12 AM   #29
Banned

Jaysguy44's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBunny
You see always the cutscene cause nearly every HR is a no-doubt one.

Yeah and alot of opposite Homeruns are getting the cut scenes...i mean opposite Homeruns are hardly no doubters.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:15 AM   #30
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

All star default settings, Braves vs Mets we hit a combined 9 HRs in the second game of the season.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:19 AM   #31
Play Ball!

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Played two Spring Training games vs the Marlins. We have hit a total of 2 homeruns in the two games. Neither homerun surpassed the 400ft mark.

Game 1 I lost 12-4 with a 2 run homer for the Marlins

Game 2 I lost 5-1 with a solo homer by me.

This is on default HOF for both pitching and hitting.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2017, 08:30 AM   #32
Banned

I've also experienced way too many Home Runs on default sliders. Veteran Hitting Difficulty.

I hit 3 Home Runs with Brett Gardner in 1 Game. This should not be happening on any Hitting Difficulty setting.
Brett Gardner has a Rhp Power of 51 and I've hit the most Home Runs with him which makes no sense.

The most Team Home Runs I've hit in a game so far has been 6. (With the Yankees)

Then I tried starting a season and lowering the Power Slider down by 4 clicks. I've played 11 games so far and I have an average of 0.8 Home Runs Per Game with this slider setting.

But I've noticed that If you lower Power you can't seem to score any runs because most runs are coming from Home Runs.
Lowering The Power slider will also decrease Doubles.

Also, we shouldn't be seeing guys with 50 power hitting Home runs at such big distances. All the Home runs i've hit with Brett Gardner have been no doubters, which shouldn't be the case. Guys with 50 power should have Home runs that barely go over the wall.

I remember Mvp Baseball 2005 did this really well. Guys like Derek Jeter and Ichiro used to barely hit Home runs and when they did hit them they were barely over the wall.

Another thing MVP baseball 2005 did really well was... the speed of ground balls for Power hitters. I remember every time i used to go to the plate with Gary Sheffield I would hit some lazer grounders which gave me that sense of feeling that Gary was a Power beast of a hitter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »