Home

No save? Come on.

This is a discussion on No save? Come on. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2017, 10:23 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: No save? Come on.

So far I have not seen this sort of problem in any of my MLB 17 games. So far my closer has been brought into 8 games and he has 7 saves. In that other game he did not get the save, it was because he gave up a run to allow the game to be tied going into extra innings and I brought in new relievers after that. Plus yes in at least one of these saves my closer did strike out the side. Not saying there isn't a problem, there very well could be one. I'm just not seeing it ... yet.

Now there is confusion surrounding when saves are awarded mostly on my part because while I have learned a lot about baseball these last five years playing the MLB The Show game, there has been times when I thought a save should have been awarded and wasn't. But that was in past years, not this year's iteration of the game and that confusion could have been just me. If memory serves me correct in past years I had a 4 run lead in the last inning and I have brought my closer into the game with the bases loaded. The closer pitched his way out of the jam without giving up a run, but did not get the save because of the 4 run lead. To me, I would have thought that if the tying run is at the plate and the closer finishes the game with the lead, he should get the save. But this wasn't the case in the game in previous years. Confusion on my part or a bug in the game?
Old 04-18-2017, 12:54 PM   #34
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
If memory serves me correct in past years I had a 4 run lead in the last inning and I have brought my closer into the game with the bases loaded. The closer pitched his way out of the jam without giving up a run, but did not get the save because of the 4 run lead. To me, I would have thought that if the tying run is at the plate and the closer finishes the game with the lead, he should get the save. But this wasn't the case in the game in previous years. Confusion on my part or a bug in the game?
If he enters with the potential tying run on base, up to bat or on deck, yes that should be a save.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:02 PM   #35
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335TDC
Yes, this has already been established earlier in the thread, right? So, just had to chime in...?
Wow.

Is your name Lincoln Hawk?

Because this reaction is a little Over the Top.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »